19th Annual Saratoga Invitational
- Apr 25, 2015 To Apr 26, 2015
- Fish Creek
- Saratoga Springs, NY (USA)
- Hosted By: Saratoga Rowing Association, Inc./ Saratoga Springs High School
- Novice is defined as - Any Rower who began rowing AFTER August 25th, 2014 (regardless sweep/scull). With so many coaches "defining" the word 'novice' as they want, I figured it was time to put an exact date on it. There are 4v & 5v events to enter, so no worries what to do with those kids.
- Freshmen = any rower in 9th grade or younger.
- Junior B Events = Athletes that will NOT reach the age of 17 in 2015.
- "Junior" events = in keeping with Scholastic definitions = all athletes must be 11th grade or younger to enter this category of racing.
- In order to have a 2v, you MUST have a 1V. In order to have a 3v, you MUST have a 2v.....and so on.
- Middle School Coxed Quads = 6th, 7th, and/or 8th graders ONLY please.
- On Sunday, athletes who rowed in the Championship events, cannot be entered into the later events after the break. You cannot rerow kids from the Championship events, into 2v, 3v, 4v, etc.
- There are multi-levels for entering. First, a team may enter 10 or under events with a $750 fee cap. A team gets to register 11-27 for the Second level. This fee Cap is $1500. The third level of entering is 28-75 entries This has a Cap fee of $3000. Last year, the average team entered 27 entries. Upon entering your 28th entry,you will be in this level. Any team entering over 75 entries will pay $4000 - which is well under half of the cost of entering that many. Have fun using the opportunity to enter various lineups, against so many great teams! It should be helpful to gauge your lineups with the Regional Regattas coming soon after. We have tried to make this system as fair as possible to the large teams and the small teams.
- A scratch fee will be incorporated. Any boat scratched once the racing has begun (Saturday April 25th), will have the fee applied. This fee is $25 and will be invoiced after the regatta weekend. A team will not be allowed enter the following year unless they are squared-up. Last year, over 150 changes were made during the week of the race. The amount of time/effort it took to accomodate so many changes needs to be applied elsewhere. In addition, every scratched entry means another team was not allowed to enter that category.
- We will be using a 10-Lane course this year. The mad rush to enter everything possible will not be necessary. We should have plenty of lanes to race on. Please do NOT just enter every event to the max amount per team. The changes should give everyone enough space to enter what they need. Hopefully, we will finish earlier as well.
- All Events hosted on Sunday are the Championship Final for that particular event. Any Saturday-ONLY event, is the Final for that event. Anyone wishing to race an event on Sunday, MUST ENTER IT. Sunday's Events begin with Event #41. Sunday is seeded off of Saturday results. For events on Sunday that only have 10 entries allowed, the TOP 10 boats from Saturday make the Final. For those with 20-30 openings, they will be seeded as such from Saturday. When in doubt, please call/email Chris Chase to be sure.
Team Tent Sites, Bus Passes, and Lee's Park Mnt. Fee will be added on by the Business Manager when you are done with Registration. Team Tents can be reserved and paid for at www.saratogarowing.com