John Hunter Regatta
- Mar 19, 2016 To Mar 20, 2016
- Lake Lanier Olympic Course
- Gainesville, GA (USA)
- Hosted By: Georgia Tech Rowing Club, St. Andrew Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
There are two major changes being made for the 2016 Hunter:
- The dates for 2016 regatta will be March 19th and 20th. For the past several years we have run the regatta on the 4th weekend of March, however, in 2016 the 4th weekend is the Easter weekend. We felt it would be more understanding for many competitors to move the Hunter up to the 3rd weekend. It is our plan to return to the 4th weekend in March for 2017.
- The second change is we are going to go to a 2 day event. Because of the growing size of the Hunter it is increasingly difficult to get all the events completed in one day. In an effort to help the teams keep their costs down, we will run college events on Saturday morning with finals in the early afternoon, and youth team events starting on Sunday morning and finishing mid afternoon.
We hope these changes will allow the teams more time between events, while at the same time minimizing costs. Colleges will be able to stay on Friday nights and leave by early Saturday afternoon. Youth teams can arrive on Saturday, only having to stay overnight on Saturday, and leave mid-day Sunday.
Thanks for your support for the Hunter over the past years and we look forward to seeing you in 2016.