Tail of the Fox - Wisconsin
- Oct 1, 2017
- St. Norbert College Campus
- De Pere, WI (USA)
- Hosted By La Baie Verte Rowing Club, Inc.
- USRowing Registered
- The finish line is in front of the Ray Vanden Heuval Campus Center on the campus of St. Norbert College. Please check out the SNC web site for directions:
- A map of the SNC campus showing the parking lots can be found here:
- Most of the road construction on U.S. Highway 41 through Green Bay has been completed. However, there is ongoing construction on U.S 43 near Sheyboygan, and on U.S. Highway 41 through the Fox Cities. We strongly suggest everyone, especially those lucky people hauling boats, check out the Wisconsin DOT website
for the latest update, or if you prefer, speak with a regatta chair.
- Coxswains/Singles/Doubles -- If you haven't had a lot of experience docking on a river with a current, we are here to help:
And, finally two videos showing the effect a river current has on a docking boat. The first video gives you specific information on docking at the Tail of the Fox Regatta:
The second video was filmed at the 2014 Masters National Regatta in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and provides some good examples of boats docking on the Grand River:
It is our goal to keep all boats docking safely and efficiently throughout the regatta. Help us help you by reviewing these materials. If you have questions, please speak with a dockmaster at the coaches/coxswain meeting, or feel free to email us.