5th Annual Mohawk Meltdown
- Mar 3, 2018
- Niskayuna High School Main Gym
- Niskayuna, NY (USA)
- Hosted By Niskayuna Rowing
- All athletes must check in with registration at the entrance to the gym.
- Athletes should plan to check in at the registration desk no less than one hour before their event.
- All athletes will be required to submit a waiver. Athletes under 18 MUST have that waiver signed by a parent/guardian. Waivers are available by clicking the link above.
- Athletes will be issued a registration card that they will need to keep with them. These cards will be used for weigh in and for backup timing. Do not lose your card!
- Lightweights and coxswains must weigh in before they can compete.
- All competitors must check-in with a volunteer at their particular erg with a registration card to confirm their flight and erg assignments.
- Volunteers may serve as coxswains and will record scores manually as backup to the computer timing. These cards will be retained by volunteers at the conclusion of the athlete's race.
- All competitors must, at a minimum, wear a shirt and shorts or a unisuit while in the High School.
- The format for the Mohawk Meltdown is the same as C.R.A.S.H.-B. Sprints. Events are “finals only.” Competitors will row only once – there are no heats.
- Keep in mind that events may be large enough to require multiple flights to accommodate all athletes. The best overall time from all of the flights will win each event.
- Athletes may check their drag factor and set their erg fan damper before the start of their race, but may not change it once the start sequence has begun.
- Rowers may use their own coxswain, but only one per rower will be permitted on the race floor.
- Coxswains must sit behind their rower and may not touch the rower or the erg once the start sequence has begun.
- Due to safety concerns, we strongly discourage the use of headphones during the competition. Wired headphones are prohibited.
- Please note that there are no refunds for this event. All entry fees must be paid in full before you will be issued a registration card.
- Online entries close at 11:59 PM on February 28, 2018. If you wish to enter after that point, same day entries will be accepted on a space available basis, subject to a 25% increased entry fee, beginning at 7:00 AM on race day,
- Competitors whose fees have not been received by 11:59 PM on February 28, 2018 will be considered same day registrations and will be subject to a 25% late fee.
- Teams that would like to pay for all of their registrations by check must inform the regatta ahead of time, and must ensure that all of their competitors are properly registered under the correct team.
- Elementary school events and Relays are walk up registration, and are not subject to a late fee.
- All competitors in distance events must be able to complete their race in less than 15 minutes or possibly be disqualified.
- Freshman/Novice events are for High School athletes who are in the 9th grade, or who began rowing on or after March 3, 2017.
- For Novices, please enter the word Novice in the Athlete Bio field during registration.
- Varsity, Lightweight and Novice Events- A competitor may not have reached his or her 19th birthday prior to September 1, 2017.
- Varsity, Lightweight and Novice Events- Open to High School students only.
- The High School Lightweight event is open to all High School students.
- Collegiate- Must be a registered student at an institution of higher learning. A student ID may be requested for verification.
- The Masters event will be divided in to four age divisions (30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+) as long as there are are at least two competitors in each division.
- Masters ages are as of race day, March 3, 2018.
- Mixed Relay- Teams may not have more than four male competitors.
- Mixed Relay- Up to four competitors may row up one older age division in order to complete a team.
- Team Trophies- Four Trophies- Middle School Boys and Girls, High School Boys and Girls.
- Team Trophies- Given to the team with the fastest average per 500 split calculated for their eight fastest athletes. Eight athletes are required to be eligible. Please make sure that all of your athletes are registered under the correct team in Regatta Central.
Lightweight/Coxswain Event Rules
- Lightweights and Coxswains should plan to weigh in at registration on arrival.
- Any athlete who fails to make weight may not re-weigh!
- Any athlete who fails to make weight may choose to have his/her entry reassigned to an age/grade appropriate open weight event, providing there is enough time, and doing so does not require the creation of another flight.
- Lightweights and Coxswains who are concerned about not making weight may want to arrive early so that there are more open weight events available to be reassigned to.
- Athletes must weigh in wearing their racing attire, except for shoes.
- Maximum weights are:
- Females: 135
- Males: 165
- Middle School Coxswain: 100
- High School Coxswains: 120
The times on the race schedule are the time at which that event division will start. Your specific flight my be anywhere within that time window. Please consult your registration card for a more precise time. These times are subject to minor changes (+/- 30 minutes).
- 2 minute and 4 minute- 10 Minutes
- 1500 meters- 10 minutes
- 2000 meters- 15 Minutes
- Relay- 30 Minutes