Head of the Genesee
- Oct 6, 2018 To Oct 7, 2018
- Genesee Valley Park
- Rochester, NY (USA)
- Hosted By: Rochester Community inclusive Rowing
- 2018 Registered Regatta
Genesee Waterways Center
149 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14611
Trailer Parking - on the outfield of the baseball diamond only - do not HOG space at the HoG Regatta :-)
URGENT ---- Aprking and HIgh School athlete drop off instructions please READ!
Coaches and parents and athletes -----
The 30th Annual Head of the Genesee Regatta, Oct. 6,7 2018 will employ changes to the site access and setup. These changes are made to improve athlete safety, boat movement flow, and walking traffic around the regatta site.
We are excited to have you participate in our regatta, be aware and supportive of our changes, and communicate these changes ASAP thoughout your club.
A site map will be posted depicting these changes on Regatta Central soon
- No Vehicle traffic will be allowed in Genesee Valley Park south of Elmwood Avenue with the following Exceptions:
- Emergency Vehicles
- Boat Trailers ( and Car topping Singles/Doubles)
- Team Trailers, Food Trailers, Vendors
- Limited Handicap Parking
- Regatta Official Traffic
- Ice Rink Hockey Participants
- Team Busses and Parents dropping off athletes will turn NORTH off of Elmwood Ave. onto S. Plymouth Ave at the light at the Ice Rink. Athletes will get off in the drop-off zone, proceed along the short marked, lighted, and monitored pathway along the river, underneath the Elmwood Avenue Bridge and enter the boatyard from the North East corner, where all the boats are. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO WALK ACROSS ELMWOOD AVE. (it's a busy street and the light cycle is painfully long). Busses and parents can then drive around the turnaround loop and out onto Elmwood Avenue. Bus parking will be accommodated in Genesee Valley Park, . Parents are suggested to park in the UR Medical parking lots, and Genesee Valley Monroe County Park lots by Shelters Roundhouse, Hawthorn, Dogwood. There will be activities in the Ice Rink and the ICE Rink parking is not available to the regatta espcially on Sunday the race day of High School and Masters..
- Boat Trailers will turn south off of Elmwood Ave. into Genesee Valley Park at the Ice Rink as usual, go around the circle by the boathouse and enter the baseball field outfield and park as usual. Masters Car topping into the regatta will also enter this was and park up behind the pine trees to the west of the "circle".
- Team Food Trailers should plan to arrive between 6 am and 7am ---- and will turn south off of Elmwood Ave. into Genesee Valley Park at the Ice Rink as usual, proceed just past the pool and turn EAST (left) BEFORE the batting box fence, drive along the 3rd base left field fence to their selected tent site. Team Food Tents are encouraged to be set up along the outside (north) of the 3rd base left field fence and to the river side of the outfield fence. No one is permitted in the infield. (The grounds crew has done a marvelous job getting it in shape this year, and have promised bodily harm to me if we mess up their fine work!) Also no Team tents are permitted along the path near the launch/recovery docks.
- Volunteers will park at the Tennis Courts.
- Masters Athletes will park on the south side of the Genesee River, in Monroe County Park, at the Roundhouse Pavilion parking lot. Walk just west and cross the river on the footbridge.
Adhering to these changes is vital for the safe and efficient operation of our regatta ( especially athlete drop-off and clearing up the gridlock of getting to Dock 3) and is considered a matter of good sportsmanship conduct.
Best Rowing Regards.
Dennis R. Fronheiser - Chief Referee, Head of the Genesee Regatta 2018, Regatta Co-Director
Buses - where we can we will park the first buses to the WEST of the baseball diamond - the later you come the more likely your bus will have to park youir bus across from the ice rink on Genesee River Trail, maybe a 5-7 mins walk. You can dump gear and rowers at the venue then go and park.
College Coaches - Friday pm rows are available from 330pm onward - the high school programs are off the river by 6pm the sun is down at 650pm Friday October 3. You can safely be off the water until 720pm +/-
College Coaches - Friday pm we have 24 hour lighting and security for your trailers
Registraion Packets BOTH mornings are available at 7am for Bibs and Bows and final payments
Buses for team on Saturday will be dense packed in the western most lot parallel to the pool (just like last year
High School coaches - BEST to bring trailers at 4 pm on Saturday giving the colleges time to exit - we will again have 24 hour security and lights on all night