Maine Indoor Rowing Championship
- Mar 31, 2019
- 2k meters
- Portland, ME (USA)
- Hosted By: Portland Community Rowing Association, CrossFit Casco Bay
Registration opens Saturday, January 19 and will close Thursday, March 27, 2019.
$20 - Adults (age 26 and up)
$10 - Age 25 and under
$10 - additional fee for day of registrations
$100 per team for the 10k team relay
Doors open at 8:30 AM.
The first heat will kick off at 9:15 am.
Athlete Rules and Regulations:
● Rowers must compete under their own names. Use of a pseudonym or other false identification will lead to disqualification. In addition, entrants are not permitted to compete in place of friends or teammates. There are no entry substitutions for liability reasons.
● All competitors must wear tops and bottoms on the event floor, including the warm-up area. Uni-suits, bodysuits, all-in-ones, leggings or pants that do not get caught in the track are also allowed.
● Rowers may set the drag factor BEFORE their races begin, but may not adjust the setting during the race itself. Doing so will lead to disqualification.
● Due to safety concerns, we strongly discourage the use of headphones during the competition.
● Each rower can have one coxswain, one chair will be provided per erg. M.I.R.C. volunteers are available to serve as coxswains if desired and will record scores manually as a backup to the computer timing. All competitors must check-in with a volunteer at their particular erg to confirm heat and erg assignments.
● All competitors will row on Concept2 Model D Ergometers with PM 4 monitors.
● Qualification times are NOT required to compete in the M.I.R.C. The event is open
to all competitors regardless of experience/skill levels.
● The format for the M.I.R.C. is “finals only.” Competitors will be seeded based upon their age and will row only once. Keep in mind that this event may require multiple heats to accommodate all athletes. The best overall time will win each age group.
● Hammers will be awarded to the winner of each category raced as determined by classification of age and gender.