McMaster 2x4 Challenge
- Feb 9, 2019
- McMaster University Student Center
- Hamilton, ON (CAN)
- Hosted By Leander Boat Club
1. EVENT DATE
Saturday, February 9, 2019
2. CHAMPIONSHIP FACILITY INFORMATION
McMaster University Student Center
Address: 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON
Course: 12 racing ergometers, 18 warm-up ergometers
Race Distance: 8000 meters
Parking: Day rates apply
The McMaster 2x4 Challenge is a unique relay style ergometer race. Teams of 4 compete over a distance of 8000m. Each team member must sit on the erg for at least one rotation. Rotations can be of any length and as frequent as desired.
3. ENTRY FEES AND DEADLINES
Entry Fee: $50 per team entry (plus applicable seat fees). Total cost per team = $72
Entry Deadline: February 6, 2019 @ 11:59pm
All entries will be completed using Regatta Central. An entry is only valid when all crew members are named and the entry fee is submitted.
If the online entry deadline is missed, it is possible to register in person not less than thirty minutes before the scheduled race on race day. Late entries will be accepted at the registration desk upon payment of a late fee of ($10) plus the original entry fee. Late entry acceptance is at the discretion of the registrar and may be denied if the race is full, or no lanes available in the race or if the request is made less than thirty minutes prior to the race time.
In the event of a cancellation, notifications will be emailed to all registered participants and posted on the Facebook Event Page a minimum of 2 hours before the start of the first race. Refunds will be issued.
4. REGISTRATION AND ELIGIBILITY
All athletes are required to check in with photo identification at the registration desk and pick up their registration card.
Weigh-ins will occur in room 203 – The Motorola Foundation Room.
Lightweight men - 165 lbs
Lightweight women - 135 lbs
Teams must consist of all athletes originating from the same organization.
Only one Varsity team from each University or College is allowed to be entered.
There is no cap on the number of University or College JV or Novice teams.
- Racing/training experience limited to the role of coxswain having coxed a rowing race in a sanctioned regatta at least once during the 2018 regatta season.
- Must be 30 years of age or older on Race Day.
- Registered in a Full-Time Program at a recognized Canadian or U.S. University or College.
- HS Junior:
- Age 16 and under to December 31, 2019, inclusive. Born 2003 or later. If you are turning 17 in 2019 you must row Senior.
- HS Senior/Club Junior:
- Age 18 and under to December 31, 2019, inclusive. Born 2001 or later. If you are turning 19 in 2019 you must row U23.
- Novice athletes in their first year of rowing.
- Must be a member of a CrossFit organization.
- Marauder Challenge:
- Current student or alumni of McMaster University.
5. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Registration desk and weigh-ins open at 7:00 am.
The first race will start at 8:00 am.
6. COMPETITION SCHEDULE
Tentative Schedule (may change depending on entry numbers)
- 8:00 – HS Jr / HS Jr Lwt Women
- 8:40 – HS Jr / HS Jr Lwt Men
- 9:20 – HS Sr / HS Sr Lwt Women / Club Jr Women
- 10:00 – HS Sr / HS Sr Men / Club Jr Men
- 11:45 - Univ Novice Women / Univ JV Women / Club Masters Women
- 12:20 - Univ Novice Men / Univ JV Men / Club Masters Men
- 12:55 - Crossfit Mix / Club Mix / Marauder Challenge Mix
- 1:30 - Univ Lwt Women / Club Lwt Women / Marauder Challenge Women
- 2:05 - Univ Lwt Men / Club Lwt Men / Marauder Challenge Men
- 2:35 - Univ Varsity Women / Club Open Women / Crossfit Women
- 3:10 - Univ Varsity Men / Club Open Men / Crossfit Men
7. SPORT SPECIFIC RULES
A certified RCA umpire will supervise all races and weigh ins.
The McMaster 2x4 Challenge will be hosted and staged according to the 2018 RCA Rules of Racing, with the following exceptions:
- 2.7 Masters athletes shall be classified as 30+.
- 2.8 No handicap shall be applied to the masters' events, results will be based on raw scores.
- 2.10 Lightweight athletes shall weigh no more than 165 lbs for men and 135 lbs for women
- 2.11 Lightweight rowers shall begin weighing in one hour before the first lightweight race of the day and can weigh in up until their scheduled race time. If a rower exceeds weight, they shall race in the lightweight event but their time will be shifted up a weight class in the results.
8. THERAPY / MEDICAL SERVICES
Leander First Aid Team, coordinated by Megan Wurtele
McMaster Emergency First Response Team (E.F.R.T)
All competing athletes must have in their possession at the championship a piece of identification which bears their picture (acceptable I.D. includes current student cards, driver’s license, passport). Athletes competing in a University race must present a valid student I.D.
Athletes will be required to show photo identification at the registration desk when picking up their registration card.
Parking fees at on-campus lots. No admission fees.
11. SPORTS INFORMATION / RESULTS
Results will be available online at RegattaCentral.com and on the Facebook Event Page “Mac 2x4 2019”.
12. AWARDS PRESENTATION
10:45 Trophy Presentation for morning races
4:00 Trophy Presentation for afternoon races
Warm-up and racing ergs will be provided by McMaster University Rowing Club and Leander Boat Club.
Coaches and coxswains will not be permitted in the race area during racing.
This event requires a large number of volunteers. For details on how you can get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION