- Sep 21, 2008
- GMS Rowing Center
- New Milford, CT (USA)
- Hosted By: GMS Rowing Center
- 2016 Registered Regatta
2008 GMS CHALLENGE & SPRINT
RULES & SAFETY NOTICE
The regatta is an official Registered Regatta with US Rowing and the event is supervised by three licensed US Rowing referees.
- Qualification for lightweight Categories
- These follow current HOCR rules
- Juniors (High School) - Exceptions will be allowed for the following groups
- 16 and Under group can include Novice entrants who are over 16
- 17 and 18 year old group can include 19 year olds providing they are still at high school
- All boats must have Bow Balls and Footgear release
- All participants must have signed a US Rowing Waiver
- Follow the traffic pattern in holding area as you enter the lake from the gorge
- Follow the traffic pattern on the course
- Obstacles are marked by buoys – so beware
- Follow the direction of buoys 'funneling' rowers to the correct side of the two islands
- Obey all Marshals (approximately 10 boats with marshals will be deployed on the course)
- Timings and results are with PowerHouse Timing. (They are the official timing service for the Head of the Charles)
- During the race there will be no overtaking through Lover's Leap Gorge
- All participants must pull over to allow another boat to overtake
- Any boat not going round the 'stake' will be disqualified
- If for any reason you capsize and can't get back in move away from the course and wait for a marshal or a safety boat.
- Spectators must keep away from the dock area (area will be controlled by dock master and team)
- A bus will transport spectators to the finish at Addis Park (approximately 500 meters down Grove Street).
- All cars will be parked away from the site as directed by traffic control staff.
- Car topped shells are to be dropped off and cars are to be promptly parked as directed