Iowa Indoor Rowing Challenge
- Feb 8, 2020
- University of Iowa Field House Main Deck
- Iowa City, IA (USA)
- Hosted By University of Iowa Recreational Services
2020 Iowa Indoor Rowing Challenge
Rules and Regulations
Athlete check-in opens at 7am (Building opens at 6:45am). Assume there will be a line. It is the responsibility of the rower to be at the venue early enough to complete check-in. Rowers must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to their event. Check-in will close at 10am. Failure to check-in by 10am will be considered a scratch. No refunds will be granted for scratches. Each athlete will be given a wristband with their name on it at check-in. This wristband must be worn during the athlete’s race for identity confirmation.
Waivers (Please see Waiver in the Links)
All rowers must sign an IIRC liability waiver. Waivers may be mailed, scanned then emailed, or completed upon checking in. Minors (under 18) must have a parent or guardian’s signature. No exceptions.
- Please mail your signed waiver to the following address IF you are certain it will arrive prior to February 5th, 2020: Iowa Indoor Rowing Challenge, Attn: Danelle Stipes, E230 CRWC, Iowa City, IA 52242
- Otherwise, please print and bring a signed copy of the waiver to the event and submit it during registration.
- Additional blank copies of the waiver will be available at registration. If you are under 18, please remember that you will need to obtain the signature of a parent or guardian.
- The waiver can also be scanned and emailed to the Regatta Director Danelle Stipes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to scan the full waiver!
Event times are approximate and the schedule is subject to change. The schedule as printed on race day is the best estimate of when an event will begin. Rowers and coaches must allow sufficient time in advance of the scheduled event to accommodate any adjustments in timing that may be required. It is possible that smaller events will be combined to race at the same time. If the demand for an event is greater than expected, efforts will be made to accommodate those rowers.
Please see Iowa Indoor Rowing Challenge Race Floor Procedure document.
The Iowa Indoor Rowing Competition is an open and inclusive event. Good sportsmanship and decorum is required. Rowers are expected to be properly attired for competition, including shirts. The Regatta Director reserves the right to disqualify and/or remove any person not upholding these standards.
Age & Eligibility
- Juniors Events are for Middle and High School athletes that are 12-18 years of age.
- Open Events are for athletes age 18 +. There is no handicap for these events. No juniors are allowed.
- Masters specific events are classified for ages 27 and older and are handicapped based off of USRowing Handicap Formulas. Masters may choose to enter in Open races, however, are reminded that they will not have handicaps.
We are only offering Lightweight in the 2k events.
Weigh-ins will begin 2 hours before your scheduled race time, and then close 1 hour prior. Upon registration you will be notified where to weigh in.
Men: 165 lbs
Women: 135.6 lbs
If you do not meet your weight, you will still race in the Lightweight Event, but your final time will be moved to the Open Weight Event for your age group.
Awards will be given in each event as follows:
For the Master’s 2k Events ONLY (including Lightweight), a Glass Stein will be given for the Top 2 in each of following age categories: Master’s A (27-35), Master’s B (36-49), Master’s C (50-59), Master’s D (60+).
Concept2 Sanctioned Event
The Iowa Indoor Rowing Challenge is a Concept2 sanctioned event and is considered an Official Satellite Regatta for the World Indoor Rowing Championships. Concept2 will provide a travel stipend to Boston - the site of this year'ss World Indoor Rowing Championships. For more information, please see the link below:
Due to scheduling limitations it is not possible to set a snow date. If the event is cancelled due to extreme weather, we will post a notice on our website. Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds on shirt purchases, entries may be refunded at the discretion of the race director. No refunds will be granted for scratches after the registration deadline.
Health & Safety
If you have a health issue, inform an official on the Race Floor before your race so they can better respond if an emergency arises. If you use an inhaler, you should keep it with you during your event. There is an AED located in the Field House, as well as a First Aid Kit.