SWEAT Youth Girls
- Feb 27, 2021
- Terry Center - Jesuit College Prep
- Dallas, TX (USA)
- Hosted By: Jesuit College Prep of Dallas
- All Lightweight and Coxswain competitors MUST weigh-in on race day upon arrival and registration.
- The weigh-in area is located in the lobby of the Terry Center.
- Each competitor shall have only one (1) initial opportunity to weigh in. A rower within one (1.0) pound or less of the weight standard is allowed one (1) re-weigh within the same weigh-in window. A rower whose initial weight is greater than one (1.0) pound above the weight standard will be ineligible to compete in that event.
- All Lightweight and Coxswain competitors will have their names, heat numbers, and erg numbers checked at the weigh-in. Each rower having successfully completed his/her respective weigh-in will then be given a lightweight wristband by an official. Any competitor missing a verifying wristband that he/she has successfully weighed-in, or failing to weigh-in at all, will be allowed to compete at their pre-assigned time, but his/her result will be placed into the Heavyweight division for that category.
- Please note the weight restrictions* for lightweight and coxswain races:
- Junior/HS Men Lightweight: 155 max
- Junior/HS Women Lightweight: 135 max
- Coxswain Men: 125 max
- Coxswain Women: 115 max
* The weights listed are for this competition only.
Competitors will use their race ergs for warm-up.
Rules and regulations
- Heavyweight - No weight restrictions.
- Lightweight – See weight restrictions.
- Junior – Restricted to entrants who will not have turned 19 years of age during the 2020 calendar year UNLESS they are currently enrolled in a four-year high school.
- All entrants must be 14 or older by February 18 to qualify for CRASH B.
- Freshmen are those that are currently enrolled in their Freshmen year of High school*. Novices who are not currently Freshmen will need to compete in the Junior Lightweight or Junior Heavyweight events.
- Middle School - ***This is a 1K race***
*Athletes who have not yet reached high school (8th grade and below) are eligible to compete in either the middle school or the Freshmen event.
- All competitors will row on Concept2 Model D Ergometers for a simulated 2k race (EXCEPT Adaptive and Middle school who race 1k).
- Rowers may set the drag factor BEFORE their races begin, but may not adjust the setting during the race itself. Doing so will lead to disqualification.
- SWEAT volunteers serve as coxswains and will record scores manually as backup to the computer timing. All competitors must check-in with the SWEAT volunteer at their particular erg with an Athlete Registration Card (ARC) to confirm heat and erg assignments.
- Qualification times are NOT required to compete in the SWEAT Sprints. The event is open to all competitors regardless of experience/skill levels. If you are a competitive rower and wish to earn a sponsored trip from Concept2, please check with SWEAT officials for qualifying time information.
- Rowers must compete under their own names. Use of a pseudonym or other false identification will lead to disqualification and possible lifetime banishment from participation in future SWEAT events. In addition, athletes are not permitted to compete in place of friends or teammates. There are no entry substitutions.
- All competitors must wear shirt and shorts on the event floor, including the Bullpen area. Uni-suits, bodysuits, all-in-ones are also allowed.
- Due to safety concerns, we discourage the use of headphones during the competition.
- The format for the SWEAT Sprints is finals only. Competitors will be seeded based upon their submitted erg scores and row only once. Keep in mind that many events are large enough to require multiple heats to accommodate all athletes. The best overall time will win each event.
- Medals will be awarded to the winner of each category raced in events with at least two competitors as determined by classification of age, weight, and gender. Competitors are only eligible to win a prize for the event in which they are entered. No medal will be awarded in events with only one competitor. In events with two or more competitors, a Gold medal will be awarded. A Silver and Bronze medal will be awarded in events with at least five competitors.
The annual SWEAT Cup will be awarded to both a winning mens' and womens' junior team** based upon a respective point tally from junior and high school designated races as follows:
|S.W.E.A.T. Team Point Trophy|
|Junior Open & Lwt 1x Events||Junior Freshman Open & Lwt 1x Events||Junior Coxswain 1x Events|
**Middle school and open category races will not earn team points.
Interpretation of Rules
The regatta will follow all US Rowing rules and guidelines unles expressly stated above, in which case, that which is stated above will prevail. The meaning and application of these rules will be determined by the SWEAT Race Committee and a US Rowing official. All deliberations between race committee and USRowing Officials will be held in private. Final decisions will be shared with athletes upon completion.