Virginia Beach Veterans Rowing Virtual Race Series – Sprint Challenge
- Aug 23, 2020 To Aug 29, 2020
- Virginia Beach, VA (USA)
- Hosted By: Virginia Beach Veterans Rowing, Inc.
- 2020 Registered Regatta
Race Information: Please review the Regatta Packet located on the top left corner of the Overview tab.
Submitting Results: Athletes are required to submit results on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadlines listed. Results Must be submitted by 11:59pm on August 29, 2020
When to Race: Event(s) Must be completed between August 23rd- August 29th
Group Rate: Due to the changing health situation, we have decided to remove the group rate deadline. We have determined this to be the best for the rowing community. How to enter using the group rate:
1) Confirm you have 15 or more entries under your club affiliation. They add up fast! If you enter all events during the race series, that will be a total of 6 events (2 for the ultra, 1 for the sprint, 2 for the warrior, 1 for the head race). Athletes are NOT required to enter all events. You might find a member of your club cannot do a few events or is only interested in one event and that is okay.
2) Email us at email@example.com and let us know you will be entering under the group rate.
3) Wait for email confirmation that the discount will be applied to all entries under your club's affiliation.
4) Due to the reduced rate, you will not receive any winner medals until the end of the entire series (after the Head Race Challenge).
USRowing Membership Requirements:
This is a USRowing sanctioned event and as such, participating U.S. based organizations/clubs must hold active organizational membership with USRowing. U.S. competitors representing U.S. based organizations or racing as Unaffiliated must hold at least a Basic Membership and have a current waiver on file to compete in this event.
Competitors may join USRowing at âhttps://membership.usrowing.org/individual/joinâ or by calling the USRowing Member Services Department at (609) 751-0700. Athletes are only required to be a basic USRowing member. The cost for a basic membership is $9.75. Injured and Disabled veterans may qualify for a free basic membership. Please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Competitors who need to renew an expired membership may log in to their member profile at https://membership.usrowing.org/individual/loginâ.
For more information about individual membership with USRowing, visit the Become an Individual Member page under the Members heading on our website at âhttps://usrowing.orgâ.
International competitors can join USRowing as basic members, but it is no required. International members will be asked to sign a paper copy of the USRowing Waiver in order to participate.
Awards: All First-Place winners will receive a medal mailed to them at the address provided during registration. Below is a sample image of the proofs. Size and final product may vary.
Discount For Multiple (US Only) Entries: Clubs with fifteen (15) or more entries may receive a discounted entry fee with the agreement to have all winner medals from the same club shipped at the end of the race series to a single address. Under this discount policy, all regular price entry fees of $20 will be discounted to $10 and all regular price entry fees of $30 will be discounted to $20. You must contact us in advance and do not register and pay until a special discount code has been applied. Since the discount is applied based upon club affiliation, please ensure all members are currently affiliated with the proper club on Regatta Central. Entry fees are non-refundable.
International (Outside the US) Athletes:
Race fees: Due to exchange rates, we understand costs can become a burden. Please contact us to discuss a discounted group rate and shipping costs for medals sent at the end of the race series to a single address. When emailing, please include a list of entries you plan to make along with the shipping address and your club name. Do not register and pay until a special discount code has been applied. Discounted entry fees for international athletes may vary based upon shipping costs and additional shipping costs may apply. All medals will be shipped via USPS. T-Shirt offer does not apply to the discounted rate and all entry fees for the entire race series must be prepaid by July 20, 2020. Entry fees are non-refundable and listed in USD.
- Age handicap will not be used. A competitor’s age is determined as of December 31 of the current calendar year.
- For Junior and youth events:
- U19/Junior: âA competitor may compete in the junior category until December 31 of the year of his or her 18tâhâ birthday.
- Youth: Restricted to entrants who are at least 12 years old but not yet 14 years old on race day. No competitor may be under the age of 12 on actual race day.
- Adult Age Groups:
· PR1 (AS) - Arms & Shoulders
· PR2 (TA) - Trunk & Arms
· PR3 (SA) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Single Arm)
· PR3 (AK) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Above the Knee Amputee)
· PR3 (PI) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Physical Impairment)
· PR3 (D) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Dwarfism)
· PR3 (VI) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Visual Impairment)
· PR3 (ID) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Intellectual Disability)
· PR3 (Other) - Legs, Trunk & Arms (Autism, or those with Non-Intellectual Disability)
In accordance with regulations from on water events and indoor rowing championships around the world, lightweights must be weighed in no earlier than two hours before their race. Weight category is accepted on an honor system. There will be no lightweight events for youth. In accordance with FISA and Concept2, there will be no lightweight events for PR1, PR2 or PR3 (PI, VI, AK, SA, AS, TA, D and ID) athletes.
- Lightweight Women: <= 135lbs (61.5kg)
- Heavyweight Women: > 135 lbs (61. 6kg)
- Lightweight Men: <= 165lbs (75kg)
- Heavyweight Men: > 165lbs (75kg)
Rules and Regulations
- You must complete your chosen event on your own with no outside assistance
- Must be done on any model Concept2 Indoor Rower (without slides)
- You will be ranked by gender, age and adaptive classifications.
- Adaptive athletes: You will be ranked by the adaptive classifications provided by Concept2 found at https://www.concept2.com/adaptive-rowing/adaptive-classifications. If you are uncertain regarding your classification or have any questions please contact Alexis Demars at Concept2 (email@example.com or call 800.245.5676 ext. 3086). Athletes are expected to do their diligence in determining their proper classification. These events are self-classified and on the honor system and you are not required to submit any documentation to enter. Conditions affecting athlete’s ability and defining sport categories must be permanent in nature. Organ removal, by itself, does not qualify someone for any para rowing sport category. Pain, by itself does not qualify someone, Disability experienced post-surgery is a temporary condition and does not qualify someone for any para category.
- Athletes who have been diagnosed with PTSD or a TBI, but do not qualify for the above adaptive classifications may race in the PTSD/TBI event. This event is self-classified and we do not require documentation to enter.
- Your event shall be set up as a preset workout so the meters or time counts down. To learn how to preset a workout on your monitor, please see the monitor support section on Concept2’s website.
- Machines must be started from a non-moving flywheel. Accelerated starts from moving flywheels during intervals are not accepted.
- The machine should be on a level surface during the piece.
- Modifications to the machine that alter its performance are not allowed. Examples of allowed modifications; seat padding, adaptive equipment. Please check with Concept2 if you are unsure.
- There is no required damper setting or drag factor. You are free to choose the setting you prefer and you may change the setting during the piece as long as the person using the machine does it.
- The race is an honor-based system. Using any methods to gain an unfair advantage or entering false or erroneous information are not allowed.
- Results will not be automatically ranked on Concept2. If you would like to rank your event on Concept2, you must follow the following instructions provided by Concept2. Rankings will be up to you to submit, but please reach out to Concept2 with any questions. Please note, the Conctpt2 rankings will go into more detail and rank you by open weight, lightweight, age, gender and adaptive classification. If you are attempting to break a record, please review the record requirements provided by concept2 at https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/racing/records