Head Up the Creek
- Oct 31, 2021
- False Creek
- Vancouver, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: False Creek Rowing Club
- Sanctioned by RCA and Rowing BC (2021)
No. We aren't doing this.
Crews that learned to row (sweep or scull) after January 2020 may indicate their boat as Novice on the registration for that crew. This will be used to determine their placing in prize category 1. The winner of the Novice Award will be based on the best performance relative to the standard for their boat type, age and gender (predicted time/actual time as a percentage - highest value wins).
Boat Classes and Entries
The race is open to 8+, 4+, 4x, 4x+, 2x and 1x entries. 4x+ entries should submit their entries under the 4x category. There are no pairs or straight four entries permited.
Each boat type is open to crews of any age from Under 15 to really really old. Crew age is based on crew average and there is no requirement for all members to be under a certain age. For example: a 26 year old racing with three 14 year olds is therefore in a boat will have a boat average of 17, qualifying them as Youth or Under 19 crew for prize determination. They might also find parents who do not think highly of at least 1 person's actions waiting for them at the dock.
National Team members are welcome to row, but must row as part of a member club of RCA.
The regatta operates under the Rowing Canada Aviron Rules of Racing.
- Tides, currents, water conditions, obstacles, floating and submerged objects, boats anchored or moving (not entered in the regatta), the shore, and paddlers are part of the event and cannot form the basis of a protest.
- Coxies do not need to be weighed in.
- Uniforms are appreciated, but staying warm is more important.