John Bennett Regatta
- May 2, 2021
- Buffalo, NY
- Buffalo, NY (USA)
- Hosted By: West Side Rowing Club
Good Morning All,
The 2021 John Bennett Regatta registration is now live on RC. The racing format remains the same, time trials to finals.
- Covid 19 protocols (Updated April 9,2021) are as follows:
- Masks are mandatory inside the boathouse and when within 6 feet of others on land outside of the boathouse
- Masks are optional once you are rowing on the water
- Coxswain will wear masks and face shields or goggles while in the boat
- Boats, and oars are all to be disinfected after each use
- No spectators and no grills
- Tents are allowed to be set up Saturday May 1 or early Sunday before racing begins for athlete and coach shelter only.
- Coolers are permitted to be dropped off with food and drink Saturday or early Sunday.
- Coaches Coxswains Meeting 8:00am by way of intercom and the first race is at 9:00am.
- LTWT Weigh In Honor System
- Boat Trailers. It is preferred and extremely recommended to have trailers arrive on Saturday to avoid traffic the next day. If you are able to drop it off Saturday please email me with an ETA. On Sunday earlier is better.
- Security will be present Saturday PM and Sunday.
- Parking is located at Front Park, La Salle Park, Busti Ave, and 4thStreet. There is no shuttle bus this year. If you park on Busti you can walk do the bike path directly to the boathouse. It is probably the easiest place to park. Links are provided here:
- West Side Rowing Club Inc, Porter Avenue, Buffalo, NY
- La Salle Park
- Front Park
- Busti Ave
- Spectating No spectating from the WSRC lawn by parents. That being said, parents and spectators can go on the observation Tower and bike path. From there the course is visible from start to finish. There is a lower path that is on the last 500 meters and an upper path that leads to the tower. The path is accessible from Porter Ave and the view is great! There is also the break wall as well.
- Cool Useful Map
If you have any questions please let me know.
West Side Rowing Club