- Sep 13, 2014
- Trinity River
- Fort Worth, TX (USA)
- Hosted By: Fort Worth Rowing Club
The 2014 Steerhead Regatta will be held on September 13, 2014 at the Fort Worth Rowing Club's boathouse just east of downtown Fort Worth (Interstate 30 and Beach Street).
The head race will have a running start and is approximately 3,000 meters.
- Race-day registration will begin at 6:30 AM.
- Safety meeting at 7:30 AM.
- The first event will begin at 8:30 AM Saturday morning. We anticipate ending by 2:30PM, if not sooner.
- Race order/line-ups will not be finalized until the entry deadline. We want to know all the entries for an event and then will schedule accordingly. The intent is to allow rowers to participate in as many events as possible. The 1x races will be first and we will schedule the other races according to the entries for each event.
Fees are: $15 for one race; $40 for unlimited racing (per person). The $40 fee includes lunch.
Box lunches will be available for purchase for $7.00 per person. Lunch wristbands will be issued at the registration table. The wristband is your "proof of purchase" and the burger people will cut off your wristband after you have ordered your lunch.
FWRC will have containers of water and Gatorade on site; however, all attendees should bring their own snacks and refreshments. We will have a large canopy with tables and chairs on site, near the boathouse. Racers cannot be seen from this area.
There is no shade at the venue. We strongly advise all visitors to bring canopies and umbrellas for shade.
Boats will launch every hour and row upstream to the starting line area. (PLAN B: If we have an abundance of race participants in that hour, rowers will go upstream approximately 1500 meters from the launch site to a holding area. Events will be called to the start line when the next race is ready to gather. The boats in the holding area will row the remaining 1500 meters to the start line.) There will be no 2-way traffic during any race.
|Chief Referee||Not yet posted|
|Entry Fees (USD)|