San Diego Fall Classic
- Nov 9, 2008
- Mission Bay Park - Ski Beach
- San Diego, CA (USA)
- Hosted By San Diego Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
The 2008 San Diego Fall Classic will follow the rules as stated in the 2008 USRowing Rules of Rowing.
For a current copy of the USRowing Rules of Rowing, click on the link below:
You will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Ready to view the course map. To get a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, please go to Adobe's website at:
Additional rules specific to the 2008 Fall Classic Regatta apply and are described below:
2008 SAN DIEGO FALL CLASSIC - Regatta Specific Rules
Specific responsibilities of scullers and crews are as follows:
1. The boat overtaking (Passer) has the right of way to pass (on the side of its choice) if a safe pass can be accomplished. A boat is considered to be overtaking when it moves within one boat length of open water of a boat ahead.
a. If a pass is attempted and there is not adequate room and time to perform the pass, the Passer is at risk of incurring interference penalties.
b. If passing on a turn, the Passer must give adequate room to the boat being overtaken to allow it to complete its turn safely.
c. If a pass is attempted and the overtaken crew does not yield, the Passer shall not press the issue. If the Passer causes a collision in this way, the Passer may receive a penalty.
2. The boat being overtaken (Passee) must yield and give suitable room to the Passer (on the side chosen by the Passer) if a safe pass can be accomplished. Failure to yield carries a presumed penalty of 60 seconds.
3. Interference carries a presumed penalty of 60 seconds. Repeated or severe interference may result in exclusion.
4. Any crew showing a blatant disregard for safety will likely be excluded. "Blatant disregard" includes but is not limited to:
a. Failure to heed the instructions of the crossover Marshal.
b. Crossing into the racing pattern while not racing.
5. All crews must finish the race with ALL competitors on board.
a. Fours and eights must have their coxswains.
b. ALL rowers must be in the boat.
6. Use of profanity may result in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty of 60 seconds.