11th Annual Lowell Invitational
- May 9, 2015 To May 10, 2015
- Merrimack River
- Lowell, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Lowell High School Crew
There are NO OFFICAL weigh-in for coxwains or light weight rowers. We encourage all teams to set in place a weight in system for their own team to prepare them for the following weeks regattas.
Coxswain for Men’s Event: Minimum: 120 lbs. Coxswain for Women’s Event: Minimum: 110 lbs.
Lightweight Men: Max: 150 lbs. (no average) Lightweight Women: Max: Max: 130 lbs. (no average)
1-6 Entries: Final Only.
7 Entries: 2 heats, all but last advance. 5 boat final.
8-12 Entries: 2 heats, top 3 advance. Grand Final.
13-15 Entries: 3 heats, all but last advance. 2 heats of Semifinals, top 3 advance. Grand Final.
16-18 Entries: 3 heats, top 4 advance. 2 heats of Semifinals, top 3 advance. Grand Final.
19- 24 Entries: 4 heats, top 3 advance. 2 heats of Semifinals, top 3 advance. Grand Final.
Inclement Weather Information:
The Chief Referee and Local Organizing Committee will work together to monitor the weather continuously during the regatta. In the event that inclement weather causes delays in the regatta schedule, the following weather plan will be utilized:
All schedule change notifications will be announced in the following places:
- On-site on the results/announcements, board by the boathouse
- On-site through any on-site public address systems in use
- Online via Twitter or Facebook. https://twitter.com/LowellRegattas
- Via text message. TBD #
Schedule Changes will be made with the following priorities:
- Delay racing either later the same day or to the next day, if time is available.
- Begin racing earlier than previously announced. Announcement will be made no later than 3 hours before racing or 9:00 PM the evening before in the case of morning racing.
- Utilize a time-trial system for a round of the event.
- Omit a round of the event. The composition of the next round will be determined on the basis of the results of those rounds that have been completed. If grand finals must be omitted, medals will be awarded based on the results of the last completed round of the event.
- Cancel some or all events. Cancellation priority will be: Small boats, novice events, varsity events.
- Cancel regatta. Under no circumstances will races be rescheduled for a date later than May 10, 2015.
Crews must provide their own bow balls and bow numbers.
Definition of a Novice- A Novice shall be a coxswain or rower whose initial competition within the same discipline has been in the previous 12 months of the regatta. Coxswains who wish to become rowers may race for one year as a novice rower regardless of their coxing experience.
Course: The course is a 2,000 meter, 6-lane, partially-buoyed course with stakeboats. Crews must be able to back into a stakeboat. Each full buoy line contains two lanes, with large buoys every 500 meters marking the separation of the two lanes.
Parking: Tow vehicle and Trailer parking will be along Pawtucket Blvd, on the river side of the road. Tow vehicle drivers must pick up a parking pass for Boulevard parking. Team van and spectator parking will be in Welcome Field, across the street from the boathouse. $10 per day, per car.