- Apr 18, 2009
- Hoover Reservoir
- Westerville, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Westerville Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Rules and Definitions:
- Novice: Began rowing after April 18, 2008.
- Lightweight: Men 155 lbs.; Women 130 lbs.
- Varsity: Any rower not eligible as a novice.
- Second Varsity: Crews are only eligible if a first varsity boat is entered in the same type of event (we will make exceptions for new programs- please check with regatta director before entering).
- Hot seating boats or rowers requires a minimum of 50 minutes separation, but is always done so at your own risk. We can not wait for your crew! We strive to run an 'on-time' regatta. Please check the tentative schedule to ensure that you can make all necessary accommodations for the double use of boats, oars, and athletes.
- Please provide bow numbers if you have them. There are a limited number of extra bow numbers available.
- Coxswains MUST know how to back into a start platform! Please practice with your coxswains and crews the techniques of using a starting platform, including the pointing of their bows ( i.e., having two scull with bow's oar or three scull with two's).
- Coxswains (strokes of bow-coxed boats) must also know that they need to have their hands in the air while they are adjusting their point at the start.
Rules of Race Course:
- As soon as a crew is clear of the dock, proceed north toward bridge.
- !!DO NOT ROW THROUGH BRIDGE!!
- Watch for marshals to send boats toward the starting line.
- All crews should come to a stop 100-150 m after finish and immediately head west to begin cool-down towards docks.
- Please use caution near the dam
Registration and Weigh-Ins: Weigh-ins will begin at 7:00am on Saturday. All boats must weigh in together as a boat. There is no time restriction on weighing in. Coxswains do not need to weigh in. We will also do boat weigh-ins on Friday evening from 6:00 ? 7:30pm. It is recommended that boats weigh in as early as possible in order to allow for re-hydration.
Entries: All entries should be done online at www.regattacentral.com. Day-of entries will not be accepted. Entries should be submitted online by midnight on Monday, April 13, 2009.
8+ - $60
4+ and 4x - $50
2x - $35
All waivers and fees should be received no later than MONDAY, April 13, 2009.
Make checks payable to: Westerville Crew
Mail to: Westerville Crew
4111 Executive Pkwy, Suite 305
Westerville, OH 43081
Trish Chase, Regatta Director