FISA World Rowing Masters Regatta
- Sep 27, 2018 To Sep 30, 2018
- Benderson Lake
- Sarasota-Bradenton, FL (USA)
- Hosted By SANCA (SunCoast Aquatic Nature Center Association)
RULES OF RACING
Racing will be held under FISA Rules of Racing and all relevant amendments.
SECTION 5 – Masters
Rule 32 – Masters
A rower may compete in Masters rowing events from the beginning of the year during which he reaches the age of 27. A World Rowing Masters Regatta shall be conducted each year under the supervision of the Masters Commission. The World Rowing Masters Regatta shall be an International Regatta under these rules.
Bye-Laws to Rule 32 – Masters
The age of a rower in a Masters rowing event shall be that which he reaches during the year of the event. Masters rowing events shall be held in the following crew age categories:
A >> Minimum age: 27 years
B >> Average age: 36 years or more
C >> Average age: 43 years or more
D >> Average age: 50 years or more
E >> Average age: 55 years or more
F >> Average age: 60 years or more
G >> Average age: 65 years or more
H >> Average age: 70 years or more
I >> Average age: 75 years or more
J >> Average age: 80 years or more
K >> Average age: 83 years or more
L >> Average age: 86 years or more
M >> Average age: 89 years or more
Age categories do not apply to coxswains. Female coxswains are allowed in male events and vice versa.
- Crew Changes may be made for up to 50% of the rowers (not including the coxswain)
- Effective 2013, Crew Changes may not lower the average of the crew by more than one year
- Crew Changes must not change the age category of the crew; a crew may substitute an older rower but the age category for the entry will not be changed
- Crew Changes may be made up to one hour before the scheduled time of the race.