Head of the South
- Nov 9, 2019
- 300 Prep Phillips Drive
- Augusta, GA (USA)
- Hosted By Augusta Rowing Club, Inc.
- 2019 Registered Regatta
For GPS directions, please use this address: 300 Prep Phillips Dr, Augusta, GA 30901
2019 Head of the South Driving Directions and Parking
From Interstate 20 (driving from the Northward or Southward direction) and Riverwatch Parkway:
1. Take Riverwatch Parkway (also called Highway 104) east towards downtown Augusta. This is the last exit (#200) in Georgia before crossing into South Carolina.
2. Travel approximately 3 miles on Riverwatch Parkway. There is a traffic light ahead and an intersection with the 15th Street.
3. Continue through this intersection. The name of the road will change from Riverwatch Parkway to Jones Street.
4. Go to the next traffic light at the intersection with 13th Street. There are two left turn lanes, one straight lane, and one right turn lane. Get in the straight lane and continue through the intersection across 13th Street.
5. Turn Left onto 11th Street.
6. Take an immediate Right onto Reynolds Street.
7. Continue straight on Reynolds Street through several traffic lights until reaching a traffic light and intersection with the 5th Street.
8. Go through this intersection. The name of the road will change to Bay Street.
9. You will pass under the US Highway #1 overpass, and at the end of Bay Street, take a left back onto Reynolds Street.
10. The river levee will be on your left. Drive approximately two blocks and bear off to the right around a sharp curve to a traffic light at the intersection of Broad Street and East Boundary.
11. Take a left onto Sand Bar Ferry Road.
12. Look for next opportunity to turn left (about 200 yards ahead). There will be regatta signs.
13. Just around the bend will be the parking area. On the other side of the levee will be the competitor’s area and trailers.
14. Personal vehicles and vans must park along the backside of the levee. Coach buses will NOT be allowed through the levee. There is a new drop off location at Reyonlds and East Boundary (see map for details). Team trucks will not be allowed on regatta site during race times, just to drop off and rehook at the end of racing.