Head Up the Creek
- Mar 15, 2020
- False Creek
- Vancouver, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: False Creek Rowing Club
- Sanctioned by RCA and Rowing BC (2019)
Getting here: directions from points south (Oak Street, Highway 99, I-5) here.
- Please avoid parking in Kits Point residential areas.
- There is ample pay parking available. PLEASE PURCHASE A TICKET AS THEY WILL TICKET YOU IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE DISPLAYED!
- Trailer parking is free (only for trailers and their tow vehicles) and located in the north lot of the Vanier Park boat ramp/launch parking lot. Please get a parking pass from our administration tent for your truck and trailer.
- Please respect the parking for umpires and volunteers. Without them, it wouldn't be the same event, or even possible.
- Trailer delivery route suggestions: the vehicle route in for trailers is the same as cars. Turn right onto Chestnut directly after turning left onto Cornwall from Burrard if Northbound, or turning right onto Cornwall if travelling Southbound over the the Burrard Street Bridge.
- If you miss the Chestnut turn, turn on the next road: Cypress, then turn right again Greer (1 block down) to get back to Chestnut. Turn left onto Chestnut and follow the signs to the boat launch ramp.
- NOTE: Security will be only provided overnight if there are trailers coming from out of town, and we are advised prior to February 15th.
- Transit service is available to Cornwall at Cypress, Vancouver BC via Translink.
Trailer Routes. Note the following change:
- the turn from Broadway onto Burrard has been changed: Burrard is now only 2 lanes wide (previously it was 3) this will mean swinging wider from Broadway (still 3 lanes in each direction) before the apex of the turn.
- Approaching Burrard from West 12th Avenue: At the intersection at 12th & Burrard, both 12th and Burrard have 2 lanes in each direction.
- It is advised that drivers familiarize themselves with the route before the event to avoid missing turns and ending up in the opposite of Purgatory (which in trailer driver terms means: 'a residential neighbourhood with narrow streets and roundabouts').
- NOTE: Security will be only provided overnight if there are trailers coming from out of town, and we are advised prior to February 1st.
Youtube videos showing the route from Burrard Street to the launch point are here:
- showing the route from Burrard Street (northbound) to Cornwall to Chestnut to Whyte Avenue.
- showing the route from Burrard Street (northbound) to Cornwall to Cypress to Greer to Chestnut to Whyte Avenue.