Princeton 3-Mile Chase
- Oct 27, 2019
- Lake Carnegie
- Princeton, NJ (USA)
- Hosted By Carnegie Lake Rowing Association
The Princeton 3-Mile Chase has grown over the years and has exceeded the capacity of our facilities (parking, trailer space, boat storage, dock space, race course, etc.) threatening to jeopardize the race-day experience. In an effort to maintain The Chase as a quality event for coaches, student athletes and spectators, we limit the number of entries. Although entry permission is available to any collegiate rowing program on RegattaCentral, only those listed as 'Guaranteed Entries' on the 'Rules & Eligibility' tab will be a guaranteed entry if submitted by the entry deadline of September 30th. All other entries are not guaranteed and will be reviewed after September 30th. Based on available space you will be notified of any accepted entries, if any, by October 2nd. We are sorry that we can not accommodate everyone that seeks to race at The Chase.
Over the last few years, we have noticed a decline in the entries and participation in the 4+ events at the Princeton Chase. In the past, we have made adjustments to the Chase to help us keep the event as appealing as possible for those who attend. Examples include moving the Belly of the Carnegie events (freshman/novice events) into the Chase and eliminating the small boats event.
New this year...We’re changing the format of the Chase to have (2) rounds of 8+s vs an 8+ event and a 4+ event. Becaus of the recent drop in 4+ entries, we have decided to make this change. Our expectation is that it will be a more useful format for teams.
The Princeton 3-Mile Chase has been very popular over the last few years. It has resulted in growth issues that have attracted the attention of the town and the university. We now need to address issues of security, traffic, parking, toilets, spectator & athlete safety, facilities, etc.
We are pleased to announce that we were able to obtain permission from the University for Saturday practice. We need to coordinate the traffic, parking, buses and practice activities with the Princeton-Harvard 1:00 PM football game on Saturday. The permission was granted with the restriction that we adhere to certain guidelines.
- Trailer arrivals on Saturday restricted to: after 1:30 PM
- Trailers may arrive on Sunday as early as 5:00 AM
- Trailer parking in both the Boathouse parking lot and the Lake Field
- Saturday practice; 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- No coaching launches allowed
- Follow The Chase traffic pattern
- Follow directions of the safety launches
- All boats must be off the water by 5:00 PM or risk a time penalty on race day
- Buses must enter on Washington Road off of Route 1, turn right on Nursery Road and be directed to bus parking on Windsor Fields. Exit on Tiger Lane to Washington Road. Parking Map
- Athletes walk to Boathouse or Lake Field. Allow 10 minutes.
- Buses are not allowed to offload or load on the roads (including Washington Road and Faculty Road), at the Lake Field or at the Boathouse parking lot
- No bus offloading, loading or parking in Lot 21
- Tents not allowed until Sunday
Our hope is that we can offer Saturday practice again next year, but we need your cooperation to make this work.