What are the dates of the 2021 Summer Rowing League?
- The 2021 Summer Rowing League will begin on Monday, June 7th and run for 10-weeks, ending on Thursday, August 12th.
- The week of August 16-20 will be held as a "make-up" week should conditions lead to a cancelation during the 10-week program,
Will there be a race this summer?
- Yes! We are still working out the details of what the race will look like based on potential event size and gathering restrictioins.
- The Race would be held on Saturday, August 22, 2021.
- More details will be shared as soon as they are available.
Will the SRL Teams be able to compete in the 2021 Head of the Ohio Regatta?
- Yes! SRL Teams are welcome to enter the 2021 Head of the Ohio Regatta.
- We do not yet know if we will be able to add a bridge season between August 22nd and HOTO. We will share more information as soon as it becomes available.
What is a Free Agent and how does that system work?
- A Free Agent is an individual, or small group of individuals, who are not a part of an established SRL team and are interested in participating in the Summer Rowing League program.
- Free Agents can register with a deposit and can select the days and times they are available to row. A program administrator will then match Free Agents with crews that may be short a few individuals to form a complete crew.
- A crew composed of different groups of Free Agents may also be created by the program administrator to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate.
- If we have more Free Agents than available seats in crews, a refund or a credit towards another TRRA Summer program will be provided to any Free Agent not placed.
Do I need previous rowing expereince to participate in the Summer Rowing League?
- No expereince is necessary to be a part of the Summer Rowing League.
- Beginners will spend the first session on land learaning the basics of the rowing stroke and the terminolgy before heading out on water.