- Apr 22, 2006
- Hoover Reservoir
- Columbus, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Westerville Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
New for 2006:
· Start platforms for secure and accurate starting.
· 2000-meter sprint competition for high school age students in novice and varsity categories.
· All races will be conducted under USRowing “Rules of Racing.” This is a USRowing registered regatta, and as such, all participating crews must be organizational members of USRowing.
· The race is open to all youth and scholastic programs.
Rules and Definitions:
- Novice: Began rowing after
April 22, 2005.
- Lightweight: Men 155 lbs.; Women 130 lbs.; All lightweight events will operate on the honor system.
- Varsity: Any rower not eligible as a novice.
- Second Varsity: Crews are only eligible if a first varsity boat is entered in the same event
- Hotseating boats or rowers requires a minimum of 40 minutes separation, but is always done so at your own risk. We will not wait for your crew! Please check the tentative schedule to ensure that you can make all necessary accommodations for the double use of boats, oars, and athletes.
- Please provide bow numbers. There are a limited number of extra bow numbers available.
- Please practice with your coxswains and crews the techniques of using a starting platform, including the pointing of their bows – i.e., having two scull with bow’s oar or three scull with two’s.
- Coxswains (strokes of bow-coxed boats) must also know that they need to have their hands in the air while they are adjusting their point at the start.
Rules of Race Course:
- As soon as a crew is clear of the dock, proceed north toward bridge.
- !!DO NOT
- Warm-up north of race course in a clock-wise pattern. Watch for marshals to send boats toward the starting line.
- All crews should come to a stop 100-150 m after finish and immediately head west to begin cool-down towards docks.
- Please use caution near the dam
- Medals will be awarded for 1st – 3rd place in all events
- Plaques will be awarded to the winners of the Men’s and Women’s 1st Varsity Eight crews.
- The High Team Points Trophy will be awarded to the team with the highest point total. A modified Barnes scoring system will be utilized.
Entries: All entries should be done online at www.regattacentral.com. Mailed entries will be accepted, however, please submit prior to the online due date. Day-of entries will not be accepted. Entries should be submitted online by Sunday,
8’s - $60
4’s - $50
All waivers and fees should be received no later than Tuesday,
Make checks payable to: Westerville Crew