Head of the Rideau
- Sep 26, 2021
- Rideau Canoe Club
- Ottawa, ON (CAN)
- Hosted By: Ottawa Rowing Club
- Sanctioned by RCA and ROWONTARIO (2021)
The Head of the Rideau (HOTR) is fast approaching on Sunday, September 26, 2021. This is the flagship head race for the ORC and is very popular with clubs from across Ontario, Quebec, and northern New York. The HOTR is a great day of racing, on a beautiful course, located right here in Ottawa at Mooney's Bay and the Rideau River.
Singles: $40 (HST included) Doubles: $55 (HST included)
Fours: $80 (HST included) Eights: $95 (HST included)
* The RCA/RO per seat fees are in addition to the above entry fees. The per seat fees will be added to your invoice in Regatta Central.
Entries from all universities are subject to a single administrative fee of $565.00 (HST included), which covers one entry in each Ontario University Athletics (OUA) sanctioned university event. Additional entries may be purchased at the rates referenced above. The single administrative fee does NOT include the RCA/RO per seat fees.
Any boat, university or individual that scratches an event after entries are closed on September 17th 11:59am (noon) will be charged a flat scratch fee of $60 per entry (in addition to the entry fee). Late entries may be accepted after the entry deadline closes if the program allows. A late fee of $60 per entry applies (in addition to the entry fee) to all entries submitted after September 17th, 11:59am (noon).
Crew name changes will be accepted until 11:59pm (midnight) on Friday, September 24.
- The HOTR Competition site are all of the grounds, parking lot and docks surrounding the Rideau Canoe Club (RCC). The Covid Protocols apply tho the HOTR competition Site.
- All participants, coaches, volunteers must register upon arrival. Bring Identification and do your Covid Screening on Site. You will be given a bracelet upon registration that must be worn at all times, either on wrist or ankle. Control Commision will not let rowers on the water if they have not checked in at registration.
- ONLY Athletes and coaches are allowed on the HOTR Competition Site
- Masks must be worn at all times on the HOTR Competition site, unless sitting and eating 2m away from others.
- No spectators allowed on the HOTR Competition Site. Spectators can watch races on the Mooney’s Bay (beach) side of the Rideau River
- No participants or coaches will be allowed inside the RCC facilities.
- Read all Covid Protocols in document found in the link below
A Coaches meeting will begin at 7:00 am on the day of racing. A virtual explanation of the Race course will be available soon.
CHECK OUT THE LINKS
Head of Rideau Draw
|Chief Umpire||Melanie Bryce|
|Entry Fees (CAD)|
|RCA Seat Fee||$3.50|
|ON 2021 Seat Fee||$2.00|
|Plus taxes if applicable|