- May 1, 2016
- Philadelphia, PA (USA)
- Hosted By: Philadelphia Scholastic Rowing Association
- 2016 Registered Regatta
BOAT TRAILERS - There are two options this year. Check your email for a message sent this morning regarding this.
COACHES & COXSWAINS MEETING will be held at 6:45 am in the Regatta Tent outside St. Joe's Boathouse near the dock area.
TIME TRIALS - Begin at 8 am for most events. The top six finishers will move on to finals in the afternoon. Freshmen and Novice finals will have floating starts; Junior and Varsity finals will have stake boats. We are looking for kids to volunteer to hold stake boats.
THE TRAFFIC PATTERN has been emailed to you and posted on Facebook and Regatta Central (Venue). Show it to your kids.
BOW NUMBERS - All teams must pick up their time trial bow numbers at the Coaches meeting. A deposit is required. You may return these numbers and retrieve your deposit after your time trials at the Regatta Tent near the launch area. Every boat in time trials MUST have an assigned bow number.
WEIGH IN is from 7 to 9 am at Vesper Boathouse and at the tent immediately to the Southside of St. Joseph's Boathouse. All boats must report together. Competitors are allowed a second try if they fail to make weight but are within one pound of the designated weight. That second try must be made within one hour or within the weigh-in window, whichever is shortest. Maximum weight is 150 for boys and 130 for girls. There is no averaging.
QUALIFIER - The City Championship is the qualifier for the SRAA, USRowing Youth Nationals and the National Schools Championship.
TEAM BUSES AND VANS do not need a pass. School buses and large vans must park south of Columbia Bridge on the non-river side of the Drive. There is an offsite parking lot and shuttle service for spectators. Remind your parents that traffic is one way during the regatta.
CHUCK WAGONS are not allowed entrance until till 6 am on Sunday. They do not need a parking pass. The parking and traffic regulations are posted on our website and have been emailed to parent reps from each school.
AWARDS - Gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded in all events with over three entries. Events with three or less entries will receive Gold medals only. Gold medalists may get out of their boats to receive medals and trophies. Silver and bronze medalists should stay in their boats to receive their medals. Only regatta staff, coaches and trophy presenters will be allowed on the awards dock. No parents are allowed on the dock. We ask coaching staff to limit their numbers to one or two per team. We will be taking photos of all award winners.
FEES AND INVOICES - Please pay your entry fees online or by check at the meeting. All entry fees or POs are due the day of the regatta. Please pay your overdue late and scratch fees.
WEATHER - It is expected to rain all day so dress and prepare accordingly. Buses cannot be parked near your trailer so provide some other means of shelter. Check the weather plan posted on our website under Schedule and below
- Regatta management will decide when to restart the regatta and at what point in the schedule it will restart.
- The order of events will remain the same
- If we are unable to run finals, medals will be awarded to all events not run based on the results of the head races. So tell your kids that those time trials count!
- If the regatta is restarted we will then change to 4-minute centers so we can run the maximum number of events. We will not use stake boats, only floating starts. Because of the delay, only Gold Medal crews will come to the awards dock. Silver and Bronze Medals will be given to the coaches to present to their crews.
- Regatta management reserves the right to review this plan and make changes if necessary.
- We will communicate changes through the PA system and social media. Boathouse Row coaches and other coaches may submit their cell phone numbers to be sure they receive proper notification. In the event of bad weather, coaches are responsible for making an effort to learn about any changes in the schedule.
- If the regatta needs to be canceled, we will make very effort to reschedule it. This will depend on the availability of the venue and the cooperation of Fairmount Park as well as the availability of officials and volunteers.
- Please inform your coaching staff and rowers about this plan.