Plant Invite - Fall Sprints
- Dec 9, 2017
- Bypass Canal
- Tampa, FL (USA)
- Hosted By Plant High Rowing Association, Inc
Racing will be run by coaches, under the direction of Plant High Rowing Association. The coaches in attendance will work together to help provide safe and fair racing for ALL athletes involved.
The race course will be open for practice on Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm if accompanied by team coach in launch.
- Practice Traffic Patter is Counter Clockwise (shore on starboard side).
- Lane 1 is closest to trailer parking, Lane 6 is closest to airport.
- Row up to Start Line: Use Warmup lane and lane 1.
- DO NOT USE LANE 2.
- Row from Start to Finish Line: Use lane 3, 4, 5, and 6.
FSRA Eligibility Requirements
This race is covered under the FSRA insurance coverage. It is expected that all teams attending are FSRA members in good standing, conducting themselves in accordance with Article XV of FSRA's Bylaws. http://www.floridarowing.org/documents/FSRA.BYLAWS.2016.pdf
8+, 4+, 2-
4x, 2x, 2-, 1x
***Freshman: In Fall, Freshman events are listed as 'Freshman/Novice'. These events may be comprised of Freshman and/or Non Freshman athletes who began rowing after April 1st of the current calendar year.
**Freshman Sculling: Freshman & Novice Sculling is not offered at PHRA sponsored Head Races (Halloween Regatta), but is offered at the Plant Invite Sprint Regatta Series.
Fee cap: $2,000.00 per club
Entry Deadline: (See Dates & Deadlines Tab Page, link in left menu column)
Entry Caps & Awards:
Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd fastest time in each event. Due to the number of events offered, we are not able to run Heats to Finals if there are more than 6 entries in an event, the winners will be based on overall time.
If an entry cap is met, you may join the waitlist. At the standard entry deadline, we will inform you if we can accomidate your entry. We will do our best to accomidate any extra entries you have within reason.
The following entry caps are in place:
- 12 Total Entries allowed per event
- The following events are capped at 1 entry per team:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Varsity 8+
- 1st Varsity 4+
- 1st Freshman 8+
- The following events are capped at 2 entries per team:
- Varsity 2-
- All 2x
- All 4x
- Junior, LTWT, and Freshman 4+
- Each 1x event is capped at 6 entries per team.
- The following entries DO NOT have a team cap:
- Junior & LTWT 8+
- 2nd Freshman 8+
- 4th Varsity 8+
- 2nd Varsity 4+
- Middle School 8+
- All races are 1500 meters or as close to this distance as the race venue safely allows.
- Doubling is allowed: Rowers may row as many times as the schedule allows.
- Junior events may be entered independently of all other categories.
- Lightweight events may be entered independently of all other categories.
- Freshman events may be entered independently of all other categories.
- Junior events are restricted to competitors in the 11th grade (junior year) or lower AND who have not attained the age of 18 years prior to September 1st of the current academic year.
- Freshman events are restricted to competitors in the 9th grade (freshman year) or lower.
- In Fall, Freshman events are listed as 'Freshman/Novice'. These events may be comprised of Freshman and/or Non Freshman athletes who began rowing after April 1st of the current calendar year.
- It is the individual teams responsibility to make sure all boats will be equipped with a protective bow ball and quick release shoes. Bow coxed boats will have openings sized in accordance with the Rules of Rowing of the United States Rowing Association.
- All boats will carry a bow number of their assigned race lane for identification. Bow numbers shall be large enough to be easily visible with the naked eye from shore with good contrast between the number and the background. The team will be responsible to provide its bow number.
- Lightweight male rower maximum weight: 150 lbs. (no averaging)
- Lightweight female rower maximum weight: 130 lbs. (no averaging)
Weigh-in Procedures - Honors System