FSRA West District Championship
- Mar 27, 2021
- Nathan Benderson Park
- Sarasota, FL (USA)
- Hosted By: Florida Scholastic Rowing Association, Sarasota Crew
3. 25 Email:
We're looking forward to a good day of racing on Saturday.
A few last updates.
NBP has asked that we have everyone leaving by 5:30 tomorrow night (Friday). We will allow boats on the water between 3 and 5:30. NBP has a concert tomorrow night and needs the island. Please keep your team away from the tower. I will plan to find a spot to keep weigh in open until 6:00 pm on Friday and then it will be open again for lightweights between 6 and 7 on saturday morning.
Have your parking passes distributed for Saturday.
there is no drop off at or near the island. please instruct parents that they will need to drive to the parking area that is on the map and everyone will need to walk from there. NBP will not be happy if there are a ton of cars on the road or that try and pull into the loop on Saturday morning or evening.
Heat Sheet and Trailer parking diagram will be up tomorrow on Regatta Central.
Check the Rules & Eligibility tab for more detail:
1. Covid Protocols - We are requiring each team to perform their own wellness check. We will not have a check in at the race for teams to flow through. Each team must send one representative to check in with me on Friday between 3:00-7:00 pm or Saturday morning between 6:00-7:00 am. I will provide you with wrist bands for your adult support staff (coaches and parents needed). Your team will not be allowed more than 1:10 parent support staff and we ask that you limit their time on the island as much as possible. We expect everyone is used to wearing masks at all times. Please don't be the team that we have to remind to wear masks, stay away from other teams, etc. Don't bring anyone to the course that has been sick, is in their CDC quarantine period, etc.
2. Parking - Make sure you check the parking map that NBP will be enforcing. Drop off will not be allowed on the island. We realize this does not make it easy for anyone but we must follow the rules NBP puts in place.
3. Cox meeting - We will have a brief meeting at 7:00 am on Saturday by the launch docks.
4. Trailer arrival - Please do not arrive before 1:00 pm on Friday. If you will be after 7:00 pm on Friday, please let me know. If you need to arrive on Saturday please do so between 6:00-7:00 am.
5. Friday Practice - For those who want to take advantage of it, we will have several safety launches on the water from 4:00-6:00 on Friday. That is the only time allowed on the water. This means you should not be launching after 5:15. If you are staying for AYC II we will allow practice again 30 minutes after racing is finished on Saturday for 2 hours.
6. Lightweight Weigh-Ins - We are allowing (and encourage) weigh in for as many boats as possible on Friday from 3:00-6:00 pm. For those who need to weigh in on Saturday, your window is from 6:00-7:00 am. All boats must be weighed in before 7:00 to be allowed to race lightweight.
7. Junior and Frosh Events - please make sure all your athletes are updated on the FSRA page to ensure we can check that your athletes are all in compliance for these grade level boats. Please do not try and have a sophomore row in a frosh event, etc.
8. Waivers - please make sure you have your FSRA and USRowing waivers completed. You'll need them for state championships and we know most teams are already complete for all.
9. Medals - They will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place West District Teams. If you are not from the West District we are happy that you provide better racing for everyone and that you get to race but we were not able to make special medals that would allow you to get separate ones. Thank you for understanding that this is still a West District Championship. With that said, full results from this race will be used for seeding purposes for FSRA state championships.
10. Boat Safety Checks - Please make sure you check your boats for bow balls, heel ties, etc.
Similar rules will be followed to accomodate for being able to host a race during the spring of 2021. Spectators will be required to stay on the far shore and off the island. SANCA will provide us a parking plan and limit the ability for anyone but athletes and coaches and a limited number of support staff to be around the team areas.
There will be restrictions and requirments such as wearing face masks and doing covid screening before the event.
We appreciate everyone's understanding in following these restrictions to allow our youth rowers to race.