World Rowing Indoor Championships/USRowing Indoor National Championships
- Feb 24, 2019
- The Pyramid
- Long Beach, CA (USA)
- Hosted By: Long Beach Rowing Association
- 2019 USRowing Indoor Open Regatta (Special)
BULLPEN (DAY OF RACE ENTRIES) - Limited entries are available on race day, the morning of Sunday, February 24th - first come, first served. Cost is $50 for individuals, $75 for Mixed 2x 1k, and $100 for Men's or Women's 4x 1k. The Bullpen will be open for registration from 6:30-8:30am. Athletes will be placed into the appropriate race, space permitting, or assigned to a prior heat if no space is available when their event is happening. Lightweight competitors must allow sufficient time to weigh in at least one hour before and not more than two hours before their race.
Changes for 2019 - Below is a list of significant changes to this year’s online packet that are being highlighted for your convenience. Be sure to read the entire packet, as you are responsible for all information included herein.
Events - Updated to include USRowing U15 and U17 national championships within the U19 (Junior) race, new J, K, L, and M age categories, and expanded adaptive rowing events.
Age on Race Day - Competition age for all competitors is based on the current calendar year, i.e. age as of December 31, 2019.
Lightweight Weight Limit - Women 61.5kg, Men 75.0kg. Weigh in is a one hour window beginning two hours before race time.
Doping Control - Competitors will be subject to drug testing.
Travel Stipend - Concept2 will be offering $400.00 to all WRIC event compeitors who meet set Time Standards at a sanctioned regatta on or before February 17, 2019. Please follow the link to Time Standards for full details.
Para racing - IMPORTANT CLASSIFICATION NOTES:
- FISA Classification is required for the “FISA” World Rowing Indoor Championships PR1, PR2, and PR3 events. Athletes taking part in these events that have not yet been classified by a FISA International Classification panel are required to submit documentation for a pre-classification assessment (links below). These documents must be submitted via their National Federations using the FISA Classification portal 30 days prior to classification, i.e. no later than January 23, 2019.
- If you have been classified in the United States for para on-water rowing and have not competed internationally, you most likely have a US classification status that IS NOT accepted as a FISA international classification. If you have competed in on-water rowing at the international level, then you would have been FISA classified. This is an important distinction for competitors to confirm since this competition offers some para events that are FISA internationally sanctioned only and some events that are not.
- Conditions affecting an athlete’s ability and defining sport categories must be permanent in nature. Organ removal, by itself, does not qualify someone for any para rowing sport category. Pain, by itself does not qualify someone. Disability experienced post-surgery is a temporary condition and does not qualify someone for any para category. Note: If you are uncertain or have any questions, please contact Mark McAndrew at email@example.com
Sprints & Relays - In addition to the WRIC/USRowing 2000m races, Long Beach Rowing Association will offer a 500m dash (open to all), a 4x500 meter team relay for Juniors, and 1000m team events for Masters.
Online registration - Closes January 31, 2019, 11:59 PM US/PST.
Waivers - All participants are required to sign the FISA/USRowing waiver. For a complete listing of Waiver Compliance and Membership Requirements, visit the Waiver page in the navigation bar on the left.
Information - please read the Entry Packet thoroughly.
For sale - Race ergometers are available for purchase. Reserve yours by clicking on the WRIC Erg Purchase button below.