Secret City Head Race
- Oct 17, 2020 To Oct 18, 2020
- 697 Melton Lake Drive
- Oak Ridge, TN (USA)
- Hosted By: Oak Ridge Rowing Association, Inc.
Handicap Parking is always available in the Boathouse Parking lot. Please present a handicap placard and let the parking attendant know.
- Parking for privately owned vehicles, team vehicles, and support vehicles is FREE, because FREE is better. We will ask that vehicles are parked in marked parking spaces in the primary parking lot only. Please do not park along the peninsula so that use of that space can support our social distancing requirements.
- Trailers are to set up in marked area and tow vehicles are not permitted to park in trailer parking area. Check-in with ORRA Office prior to parking any shell trailer or unloading of equipment to Oak Ridge Rowing Venue. If a team trailer is arriving late when a volunteer is not present, please continue to park in order, in one of the allotted spots on your own.
- Spectator parking is allowed down both shoulders of Melton Lake Drive. PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH TRAFFIC.
- Booster tents are available for set up on the peninsula. Booster trailers will be allowed next to their tent. Please keep a minimum of 50 feet between booster tents and adjacent crews. There is plenty of room, so spread out.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, The city of Oak Ridge lies in the ridge-valley topography of Eastern Tennessee. The City is ~15 minutes off I-40 and I-75. If you have any questions about directions please call the Oak Ridge Boathouse (865)482-6538.
FROM THE KNOXVILLE'S McGHEE TYSON AIRPORT - Leaving McGhee Tyson Airport North on Highway 129 to Interstate 140 (to Oak Ridge) travel 11 miles to merge into Pellissippi Parkway (TN-162N): (see Pellissippi Parkway below.)
• FROM THE NORTH (LEXINGTON, KY)
Interstate 75 SOUTH to Exit 122 to Oak Ridge via the Clinton Highway 61. (see Exit 122 - Highway 61 below.)
• FROM THE SOUTH (CHATTANOOGA, TN)
Interstate 75 NORTH (to Knoxville) Exit 84 onto I-40 EAST. (see From the West I-40 EAST)
• FROM THE NORTH (BRISTOL, TN)
Interstate 81 SOUTH to Interstate 40 WEST. Follow below directions From the East (40 WEST).
• FROM THE EAST on I-40 (ASHVILLE, NC)
Interstate 40 WEST. Exit 393 (I-640) around Knoxville. From Interstate I-640, take the exit 3B to Clinton (25W). (see Exit 3B - Clinton Highway - US25W below.)
• FROM THE WEST on I-40 (NASHVILLE, TN)
Interstate 40, take Exit 376 (Maryville/Oak Ridge) to Oak Ridge via the Pellissippi Parkway (TN-162N). EXIT 376A (see Pellissippi Parkway below.)
USING LOCAL HIGHWAYS
• Exit 376A - TN-162 'Pellissippi Parkway'
On a long exit ramp which in 0.8 miles will merge into Pellissippi Parkway (TN-162N). Once on Pellissippi (TN-162,N), continue 6 miles on TN-162 merges into TN-62 'Oak Ridge Highway'. Continue on TN-62 west .4 miles through Solway (small town) and over the Clinch River bridge to Edgemoor Road (TN-170). Exit sign on your right. (see Hwy 170-'Edgemoor Drive' below)
• Exit 3B - US-25W 'Clinton Highway'
Once on Clinton Highway 25W continue for 12 miles through Powell (medium town) to light in Claxton (small town). Turn left on to Edgemoor Road (TN-170) (see Hwy 170-'Edgemoor Drive' below)
• Hwy 170-'Edgemoor Drive'
• Traveling West from Clinton Highway - 3.0 miles you will pass the TVA Bullrun Steam Plant then cross the Edgemoor Bridge to first light. Turn right at light onto Melton Lake Dr. (see below)
• Traveling East from Pellissippi Parkway - 2.3 miles to first light. Exit on the 'Melton Lake Drive' ramp to the right onto Melton Lake Dr. (see 'Melton Lake Drive' below)
• Exit 122 - Highway 61
Follow Highway 61 through Clinton to Oak Ridge. Within 20 minutes, you will pass a blue Oak Ridge welcome sign on your right. Continue 0.3 miles after WELCOME sign to first light after sign. Turn left at light onto Melton Lake Dr. (see 'Melton Lake Drive' below)
MELTON LAKE DRIVE
• Traveling South from Edgemoor- The Oak Ridge Rowing Association Boathouse is 2.2 miles on your right.
• Traveling North from Oak Ridge Turnpike- The Oak Ridge Rowing Association is 1.2 miles ahead on the left.