Sturgeon Bay Maritime Regatta
- Jul 28, 2012
- East shoreline of Sturgeon Bay
- Sturgeon Bay, WI (USA)
- Hosted By: Sturgeon Bay Rowing Club
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Door County Wisconsin has been described, by many, as being one of the most beautiful recreational and vacation areas in the United States. The web site, trip advisor.com, lists over 74 hotels and resorts which are no more than twenty minutes by car from the Regatta Site. In addition to hotels and resorts, there are many Inns and B&B's to choose from, not to mention numerous camp grounds.
The City of Sturgeon Bay offers at least ten resorts and hotels which will be just moments from Regatta Central. For those who wish to camp can reserve a camping space at Potawatomi State Park.
The following hotels and resorts have agreed to be "Regatta Sponsors" by offering to hold blocks of rooms, for Regatta participants, at reduced discount rates. The rooms will all be available on a "first come, first served" basis:
1. The Stone Harbor Resort: One of Sturgeon Bay's most beautiful waterfront resorts will be holding 60 rooms for Regatta Participants until 7/06/12, at a discount rate of $99.00 per night. This property is located in Sturgeon Bay Center, and is adjacent to the cities historical Steel Bridge, just moments from shopping and restaurants. The resort presents a fine indoor and outdoor water front restaurant, together with a large full service bar. Stone Harbor may be contacted at phone: 877-746-0700. Hotel information may be found at: www.stoneharbor-resort.com
2. The Lodge at Leathem Smith: This historical property has just been completely restored and renovated in 2011. The Lodge offers the following great amenities for the Regatta participant: on site automobile and trailer storage, official Regatta floating boat launch dock just meters from the official race starting line, Olympic size outdoor heated pool, and on site food and bar facilities. In addition, The Lodge will be hosting one of the official Regatta parties, under the stars, on its beautiful spacious grounds during the evening of 7/28/12, known as The Sturgeon Bay Maritime Regatta Celebration. The lodge will be holding a block of rooms for Regatta participants until 7/06/12, at a discounted rate starting at $89.00 per night. The Lodge may be contacted at: phone 920-743-5555. For additional information go to www.thelodgeatls.com
3. The Holiday Music Motel: This historic motel is one of Sturgeon Bay's most unique small hotels and will be holding a block of rooms for Regatta participants until 6/15/12, at a discounted rate of $85.00 for a single and $95.00 for a double per night. Located just across the street from Stone Harbor the Holiday Music Motel is just minutes from downtown Sturgeon Bay's central restaurants and shopping. This small boutique hotel has been newly renovated in classic 1950’s style. For the look and feel of this unique opportunity don't miss the You Tube clips on their web site. The Holiday Music Motel may be contacted at phone: 920-743-5571. Hotel information may be found at www.holidaymusicmotel.com
4. The Beach Harbor Resort: with 500 feet of a direct waterfront beach, this resort is dedicated to water sport recreational activities. This resort has a clean family style relaxed feeling, and will be holding a block of rooms for Regatta participants until 7/06/12, at a discounted rate of $89.00 per night.
The resort may be contacted at: phone 1-800-388-8055. Resort information may be found at www.beachharborresort.com
WHEN CONTACTING THE ABOVE HOTELS AND RESORTS BE SURE TO TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE AN ENTRANT IN THE STURGEON BAY MARITIME REGATTA AND ASK FOR YOUR DISCOUNTED RATE. IF YOU ARE TOLD THAT THERE IS NO DISCOUNT ASK FOR THE MANAGER OR CONTACT US.
(Be sure to book your lodging early. The Regatta is taking place in the high vacation season in Door County)