- Mar 9, 2013
- Tempe Town Lake
- Tempe, AZ (USA)
- Hosted By: Tempe Rowers Association
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Desert Sprints Regatta needs YOU!
If you've arrived at this page....why, yes, we'd love to have you as a volunteer for the 2013 Desert Sprints Regatta!
We will need most of our volunteers from 6 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, although we can also use help on Friday afternoon and before 6 on Saturday. Most of the shifts are 2 to 4 hours long, but if you are willing to work longer, that's great.
Some of our key needs are:
- Parking. Help guide participants and spectators to open areas of the marina.
- Set-up. Tables, tents, banners, merchandise...everything to get the regatta ready to go.
- Registration/information. Giving out packets early, giving out medals later, helping answer questions all day.
- T-shirts and clothing. Rowing gear practically sells itself, but we still need your help to ring the register.
- Assistant dock and ramp masters. Help direct incoming and outgoing boat traffic.
- Safety boat drivers. See the action up close as you follow races down the course.
- Finish line. Assist the finish line official with timing and order of finish.
- Results runner. Bring a bike and deliver results from the finish line to regatta HQ.
- Rovers. You might end up doing any of the above! Please be flexible and bring a cell phone.
Interested in signing up to volunteer? Please contact Maureen at Maureen.King@asu.edu to schedule times and duties.
Do you want to drive a safety boat? Please contact Okie at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a convenient time to get certified.
Thanks again to all of our wonderful volunteers—it couldn't happen without you!