Row for the Cure - Seattle
- Sep 18, 2016
- Lake Union
- Seattle, WA (USA)
- Hosted By: Pocock Rowing Center
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Coaches & Coxswain's Meeting: Sunday morning at 6:00 am at Pocock Rowing Center.
Race Packets can be picked up at Pocock Rowing Center any of the days/times below. Race packets will not be distributed unless all athlete waivers and race fees are completed. Please complete these tasks online prior to Friday morning.
- Saturday 9-12 pm or from 5-6 pm
- Sunday 6-7:30 am
Seattle's 17th annual Row for the Cure® offers rowers and paddlers their first head race for the fall season AND their chance to raise funds for breast cancer screening, support and research. Again this year's goal is to raise $100,000.
New this year for fundraising:
- The top Masters and top Junior fundraising club teams will win a Concept2 RFTC Pink Erg for their boat house.
- The top individual fundraiser will again receive a weekend get away.
- The top 2nd and 3rd individual fundraisers will receive RFTC commemorative pink hydroflask bottles.
- We have a special give away of a Concept2 bag with rowing goodies
- All participants will receive Crockies
Seattle RFTC T-shirts
- We are thrilled to have t-shirts back for RFTC! Anyone is eligible to purchase a RFTC T-shirt for $15. For those that meet or exceed the goal of $150 – the t-shirt will be provided.
Again this year
- In addition to the traditional 9:45 a.m. post-race ceremony at Pocock Rowing Center, hospitality (coffee and light fare) and results at Lake Washington Rowing Club and Seattle Rowing Center
- Show Us Your Pink costume competition for most creatively using PINK. Komen volunteers to judge. Winners featured on the 2106 Row for the Cure poster and on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Handicaps. RFTC is pleased to be rolling out handicaps patterned after the same system used by the Head of the Charles. In the past RFTC has received rower comments concerned that the USRowing handicaps are too generous. RFTC listens to its customers! Hence the new system.
Like the Head of the Charles, RFTC's handicaps are based on handicaps for Long Distance Events as published by British Rowing. The system uses Standard Times for the various events and establishes handicaps for each. The Standard Times were determined by a analysis of results from the 2014 RFTC. RFTC's handicaps are shown in the figure below.