The Amber Zapatka Memorial Regatta FKA Lowell Invite
- May 13, 2017 To May 14, 2017
- Merrimack River
- Lowell, MA (USA)
- Hosted By: Lowell Rowing Regatta Association
- 2017 Registered Regatta
There are NO OFFICAL weigh-in for coxwains.
- Places are determined by the results of the Time Trials
- Places 1-6 will race in the Grand A - Finals.
- Places 7-12 will race in the Petite B - Finals.
- Places 13-18 will race in the Petite C - Finals.
- B and C-Finals will only take place if there are at least 4 eligible crews that qualify from the Time Trial.
- Once scheduled, the B-Final and C-Final will not be cancelled due to No Shows/Scratches/dis-qualifications.
- Lanes will be assigned based on the following results:
- Fastest crew in Final = Lane 3
- Second Fastest in Final = Lane 4
- Third Fastest in Final = Lane 2
- Fourth Fastest in Final = Lane 5
- Fifth Fastest in Final = Lane 1
- Sixth Fastest in Final = Lane 6
- Medals will be awarded to all Finals as follows:
- 4-6 boats: Gold/Silver/Bronze
- 3 Boats: Gold/Silver
- 1-2 Boats: Gold Only
Inclement Weather Information:
The Chief Referee and Local Organizing Committee will work together to monitor the weather continuously during the regatta. In the event that inclement weather causes delays in the regatta schedule, the following weather plan will be utilized:
All schedule change notifications will be announced in the following places:
- On-site on the results/announcements, board by the boathouse
- On-site through any on-site public address systems in use
- Online via Twitter or Facebook. https://twitter.com/LowellRegattas
Schedule Changes will be made with the following priorities:
- If time is available, we will delay racing either later the same day or to the next day.
- If possible, we will begin racing earlier than previously announced. An announcement will be made no later than 3 hours before racing or 9:00 PM the evening before in the case of morning racing.
In the event of Cancellations:
- Priority will be given first to holding Time Trials
- Followed by Final Only events by boat size and skill level.
- Finally, seeded Finals will be scheduled based on boat size and skill level.
- If Finals are cancelled after a Time Trial has been raced:
- Gold/Silver/Bronze Medals will be awarded to the 3 fastest times of the event based on the time trial results.
- Cancellation priority will be: Small boats, novice events, varsity events.
- Cancelled regatta. Under no circumstances will races be rescheduled for a date later than May 15, 2016.
Crews must provide their own bow balls.
Definition of a Novice: A Novice shall be a coxswain or rower whose initial competition within the same discipline has been in the previous 12 months of the regatta. Coxswains who wish to become rowers may race for one year as a novice rower regardless of their coxing experience.
Definition of a Freshman: A Freshman shall be a coxswain or rower who is in 9th grade or younger. Experienced middle school rowers may participate in a Freshman event if they do not qualify to row as a Novice.
Course: The course is a 2,000 meter, 6-lane, partially-buoyed course with stakeboats. Crews must be able to back into a stakeboat. Each full buoy line contains two lanes, with large buoys every 500 meters marking the separation of the two lanes.
Parking: Tow vehicle and Trailer parking will be along Pawtucket Blvd, on the river side of the road. Team van and spectator parking will be in Regatta Field, across the street from the boathouse. $10 per day, per car.