Head of the Cuyahoga
- Sep 17, 2011
- Cleveland Rowing Foundation
- Cleveland, OH (USA)
- Hosted By: Cleveland Rowing Foundation
- 2016 Registered Regatta
Please make checks made out to 'Cleveland Rowing Foundation'. In the check memo line, please put :
- your team name
- your event #
RIVERGATE PARK :
WE'VE MOVED! Rivergate Park is the NEW home of the Cleveland Rowing Foundation boathouse. In the past, we had separate villages for athletes and spectators stationed across the river from each other, but this year everything is combined into one place! Address : 1785 Merwin Ave, Cleveland, OH 44113. It will only be open on Friday, 9/16, 5pm-8pm. It will be open on Saturday, 9/17, 6am-5pm.
ATHLETE MEETING POINT INFO :
Coaches should instruct their athletes where they should meet. There will not be parking at Rivergate Park for athletes and spectators so athletes can be dropped of at the entrance. They will need to walk from there to meet up with their team.
AWARD/CUP RACES :
- Marcovy Cup
- Presented to first place winner for Open Women's 4+
- Introduced in 1990
- Named after Tim Marcovy, first President of the Western Reserve Rowing Association.
- Ivanhoe Boat Club Award
- Presented to the Men's 4+ (junior, open or masters) with the overall best time in honor of the 154th Anniversary of Racing the Cuyahoga
- Introduced in 1996, this award commemorates the first rowing regatta on the Cuyahoga, which was held in 1856
- Chris Ernst 'A Hero for Daisy' Award
- Presented to the Women's 8+ (junior, open or masters) with the overall best time in honor of Chris Ernst, a former Yale and Olympic Rower is a noted advocate of women's sports.
- Overall Points Winners
COACHES AND COXSWAINS MEETING DETAILS (Sat. 9/17) :
A meeting for all Coaches, Coxswains, and Scullers is required by our US Coast Guard permit, and will be held at the CRF boathouse at 6:45am on Saturday, September 17th. Due to the challenging nature of the course, attendance at these meetings by all coxswains and scullers is MANDATORY. Wristbands will be distributed. Dockmasters will not permit coxswains or scullers who did not attend the meeting to launch.
COURSE & COXSWAIN CLINIC / PRACTICE SESSION: click here for more info
See the 'Food & Dining' menu option.
LATE FEES :
There will be late fees assessed to boats signing up after the registration due dates. The fees will be $10/boat.
LIGHTWEIGHT WEIGH-INS :
Lightweight Athletes are expected to comply with current US Rowing Association weight limits (see regatta rules for weight limits). Lightweight rowers must weigh-in from 7am-11am on Saturday and wristbands will be distributed to all lightweights. Lightweight rowers should weigh in at least one hour before their race.
MASTERS AGE CATEGORIES :
See the 'Rules & Eligibility' menu option.
PACKET PICK-UP :
All coaches or other parties responsible for each school or club must check in to confirm registration and receive race packets during the following times. The registration table is located at the Cleveland Rowing Foundation boathouse (1785 Merwin Ave, Cleveland, OH, 44113) :
- Friday, September 16th, 5pm-7pm
- Saturday, September 17th, 5:30am-10am
PRESS RELEASE :
Official 2011 HOTC Press Release
See the 'Directions & Parking' menu option
RACE DISTANCE :
Head Races = 5,000m
REGISTERING FOR AN EVENT, HOW TO :
Instructions on how to register for an event.
- Login to your own RegattaCentral account
- Find '2011 Head of the Cuyahoga' regatta
- Go to the side tab called 'Registration Form'
- Make sure this is all correct
- You must click 'Save'
- Next, go to the side tab called 'My Entries'
- Click 'Submit Entry'
- Find your event & click, next to it 'Submit Entry'
TENT SET-UP :
Teams will be able to set up their tents at Rivergate Park from 6-8pm on Friday 9/16 & after 6am on Saturday 9/17. Each group will be assigned a specific area for their tent & volunteers will be available to direct teams. Tents may not be placed in the grass spectator viewing area.
See the menu option on the left called 'Directions & Parking'.
See the menu option on the left called 'Waiver'. This regatta does accept the USRowing waiver. Either submit the waiver online OR on paper. You will not be able to register on race day unless all your waivers have been submitted. Thank you for your cooperation.
HOW TO SIGN THE WAIVER ONLINE
- login to your own RegattaCentral account, and go to the 'Home' page
- Click on the 'Instructions for USRowing Waiver Submission' link located in the 'My Roster' box on the right side of the page
- Your Roster Code should appear in a yellow box; this Roster Code is unique to your account, not your affiliation
- If your Roster Code appears, please write it down somewhere (If your Roster Code does not appear, please let your coach know. The coach will need to contact USRowing.)
- Next, click the www.regattacentral.com/athletes link on that same page, under your 'Roster Code'
- Enter your Roster Code and last name and click 'Begin'
- Click on your name link
- It asks if you are paid individual member of USRowing (is the answer NO? select the 'no' option & click NEXT. Is the answer YES? select the 'Yes' option and enter your USRowing membership ID#.)
- Continue on to complete your waiver