Head Up the Creek
- Mar 9, 2014
- False Creek
- Vancouver, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: False Creek Rowing Club
We need a number of people to assist with the regatta:
- Parking Lot Traffic Marshalls - to keep the roadways clear and remind people to buy parking tickets before they get issued them.
- Beach Marshalls to keep the boats in order, and ensure that shes have no more than 7 cm of play and that bow balls are in working order.
- On Water Marshalls to keep the boats in the traffic pattern and preparing them for the start.
- Photographers to record the event, on the water and around it.
- Safety Boat Operators to drive coach boats made available to the regatta without crews.
- Timers at the start and finish.
- Recorders to track the order of finish.
- Results Team to ensure that the timing and order is correct and available.
- Chaperones to look after any special visitors as might be in the area.
- Administration People to look after entries, payment and welcoming people to the regatta.
- Setup People to help assemble tents, install the racing buoys and be there to meet the delivery trucks.
If your club has people available or you are reading this website and would like to help, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact [email protected] .
First time volunteers will receive False Creek Rowing Club hats, and of course everyone is getting a coupon for a meal and drink at Yolk's food service.