Head Up the Creek
- Mar 6, 2016
- False Creek
- Vancouver, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: False Creek Rowing Club
Getting here: directions from points south (Oak Street, Highway 99, I-5) here.
- Please avoid parking in Kits Point residential areas.
- There is ample pay parking available. PLEASE PURCHASE A TICKET AS THEY WILL TICKET YOU IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE DISPLAYED!
- Trailer parking is free (only for trailers) and located in the south lot of the Vanier Park boat ramp/launch parking lot.
- Trailer delivery route suggestions: the vehicle route in for trailers is the same as cars. Turn right onto Chestnut directly after turning left onto Cornwall from Burrard if Northbound, or turning right onto Cornwall if travelling Southbound over the the Burrard Street Bridge.
- If you miss the Chestnut turn, turn on the next road: Cypress, then turn right again Greer (1 block down) to get back to Chestnut. Turn left onto Chestnut and follow the signs to the boat launch ramp.
- Security will be provided overnight for rowing shells on the trailers.
- Transit service is available to Cornwall at Cypress, Vancouver BC via Translink.
Suggested Trailer Routes here.
Youtube videos showing the route from Burrard Street to the launch point are here:
- showing the route from Burrard Street (northbound) to Cornwall to Chestnut to Whyte Avenue.
- showing the route from Burrard Street (northbound) to Cornwall to Cypress to Greer to Chestnut to Whyte Avenue.