Head Up the Creek
- Mar 6, 2016
- False Creek
- Vancouver, BC (CAN)
- Hosted By: False Creek Rowing Club
- Length: 5 km
- The course is not closed to non-rowing traffic. We are working with the operators of the ferries in False Creek (Aquabus and False Creek Ferries) to provide a safe event, but you will need to watch your course for steering “opportunities”.
- We are working with the Vancouver Police Department (Marine Division) and the Coast Guard with respect to having the navigation channel in the eastern end of False Creek cleared of anchored boats for the regatta.
- Failure by crews to round the buoys at the turn in the 5 km event will result in disqualification.
- Don't hit the ferries or dragon boats.
- Please note: the Eastern end of False Creek is not a big area to turn a rowing shell at speed. It is wider than the northern end of the Delta Deas slough, and comparable to the north western corner of Elk Lake. You will need to work as a crew to turn your boats.
- Link to course here: Google Maps
- This year we hope to be able to launch from a new low profile rowing dock at the Vanier Boat Ramps in Vanier Park, Vancouver BC.