Head of the Androscoggin
- Sep 15, 2019
- Bates College Boathouse | Androscoggin River
- Greene, ME (USA)
- Hosted By Maine Rowing Association
The gate to the boathouse will open at 7am - please do not arrive before 7am. Thank you.
Parking is limited - please carpool. No more than one car per boat, with special prize awarded for the best carpool! If you need to arrive in multiple cars, leave supernumerary vehicles at the IGA on Rt. 202, 2 miles before you get to the boat house.
Rowing and parking are at the new Bates College Boathouse which is at 764 North River Road in Greene 04236, Maine, approximately 8 miles north of the Bates College campus in Lewiston, on the east shore of the Gulf Island Pond section of the Androscoggin River (DeLorme Maine Atlas Map 11, D5).
1. From central Lewiston, head north on Main Street which is Route 202, towards Winthrop and Augusta.
2. Note Mardens on your left; head 4.3 miles north then turn left on West Main Street, just before the IGA in Greene.
3. After 200 ft, turn left onto Meadow Hill Rd
4. Continue 2 miles to a sharp right turn at Val-Green Farms, after which the road becomes North River Rd.
5. In 0.2 miles, your next left is 764 North River Rd, the Bates College Boathouse. Follow signs to parking.