Row for the Cure - Seattle
- Sep 18, 2022
- Lake Union
- Seattle, WA (USA)
- Hosted By: Row for the Cure
- 2022 Registered Regatta
Since 2000 this event has raised more than $971,000 for its primary beneficiary, the Puget Sound Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Our mission in supporting Komen is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all, encouraging awareness and energizing science to find the cure.
GOAL: In 2022, we will go beyond $1,000,000
Row for the Cure® offers rowers and paddlers the chance to make a difference in the lives of many. Each stroke you row or paddle and every dollar you raise helps in the fight to prevent and cure breast cancer. Each participant is encouraged to help Seattle RFTC reach its $125,000 goal for 2022 by raising $150+ per rower – DAMPER – Donating A Mammogram Per Every Rower. Through early detection, imagine the lives that are saved!
- 5800m head race for rowing shells, kayaks, canoes, outrigger and tribal canoes, and dragon boat on Seattle’s Lake Union.
- 1K Rally for any of the boat styles above. The race will start southeast of Pocock Rowing Club and finish at Gas Works Park point.
- Through 2018 proceeds benefited Benefiting the Susan G. Komen® for the Cure Puget Sound Affiliat
- Over $971,000 donated in 18 years
- Starting in 2022 proceeds benefit:
- Povidence Swedish Breast Cancer
- Susan G. Komen
- Citrine Health
- Carol Milgard Breast