Row for the Cure - Seattle
- Sep 17, 2017
- Lake Union
- Seattle, WA (USA)
- Hosted By: Pocock Rowing Center
- 2017 Registered Regatta
We are using the Classy platform as a tool for teams and individuals to fundraise and make it easy for donors to contribute.
Start by having someone on your team set up a team site and then get everyone on your team to set up their own individual account under the team’s profile. All money collected will be automatically posted to your club’s account and will show up in the fundraising dashboard.
Unaffiliated donors can set up a page too.
- TOP TEAMS: One pink erg each to the top fundraising junior and master teams.
- TOP FUNDRAISER: A Hot Air Balloon Ride for Two will be awarded to our top fundraiser. The 2nd place master and junior rowers will receive insulated RFTC bottles and 3rd place master and junior rowers will receive RFTC pogies.
- To count toward awards, donations must be submitted Saturday, September 16 by NOON online or by check by 4 p.m. at the Pocock Rowing Center.
*** New in 2017 ***
Fundraising awards will be announced at the Row for the Cure awards event at Gas Works Park at 10:30am following the races. Donuts, bagels,fruit, coffee and refreshments will be served beginning at 9:30am.
*** New in 2017 ***
Free Bus Shuttle between launch sites and Gas Works Park starting at 7:30 am and running through noon.
This year Shuttle Express is donating drivers and vans to transport people between Lake Washington Rowing Club, College Club, Pocock Rowing Center and Gas Works.
All participants are encouraged to create rowing garb that is unique and PINK. Judging will be done during the races on the water. Costume contest winners will be featured on the 2018 RFTC poster, social media, and our website.
RESULTS AND MEDALS
Results will be available online at RegattaCentral following the race.
Medals will be awarded for the first place finishers and ribbons for second and third places. They will be available for pick-up at Gas Works Park once results are posted between 10:00am – 12:00pm. Any medals that are not claimed on race day will be available for pick-up at the Pocock Rowing Center.
For fundraisers that meet or exceed the personal fundraising goal or for those that donate the goal of $150 or more, you will receive a Row for the Cure Pink in the Park T-shirt for free! T-shirts will be available at the Gas Works Park T-shirt vendor booth throughout the morning and until noon on race day. Additionally, we will have race T-shirts and hoodies for sale to the public.
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP
Online Registration: www.regattacentral.com.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9 p.m. PT.
This includes waivers, rosters, and entry fees. There is no day of race registration.
Nonrefundable Entry Fees:
- Masters/Open: $50 per seat
- Juniors: $25 per seat
Payment via RegattaCentral is preferred. If old-fashioned, make checks payable to the Pocock Row for the Cure and send to the Pocock Rowing Foundation, 3320 Fuhrman Ave. East, Seattle, WA 98102.
Waivers: Waivers and rosters must be completed online by Wednesday September 13, 2017. Coaches can check athlete waivers by clicking “waiver status & instruction” in their RegattaCentral account. Juniors under age 18 must have a parent or guardian signature on the release. Note be sure to check the expiration date and confirm that the waiver is valid through September 17, 2017.
Juniors under age 18 must have a parent or guardian signature on the release. All participants, including coxswains, must have an active USRowing membership and have signed the waiver before racing. All waivers must be completed electronically (http://www.usrowing.org/sign-a-waiver/) and complete prior to Wednesday September 13, 2017. Crews will not be allowed to race without waivers for each athlete.
Packet Pick-Up Hours:
- Saturday, September 16, 2017: 9am – noon
- Sunday, September 17, 2017: 5:00am – 7am
Pick up your packet on Saturday and you’ll get a Pink Dragon Mini-Cheesecake as a reward.
Pick up your packet on Saturday and you’ll get a Pink Power Mini-Cheesecake as a reward.
Packet Pick-up Location: Pocock Rowing Center, 3320 Fuhrman Ave. East
- You will not be able to pick up your entry packet without completed waivers and payment. No exceptions.
- Line-ups must be completed through your RegattaCentral account by Wednesday, September 13, 2017. Late changes may be made at packet pick-up but this may cause delays. Tip: If in doubt, it is better to register your crew by the registration deadline (Wednesday) and correct birthdays and athlete names later (by Friday).
- Packets will be handed out per crew. If you are collecting packets for your entire club, please have a list of boats (bow numbers) ready.
- The regatta does not run a boat borrowing program anymore. We did in the past. It got too complicated. Likewise, coxswains must bring their own cox boxes.
- All participants must be competent swimmers.
- Master: A rower who is at least 21 years old by December 31, 2017.
- Junior: A rower who is 18 years old or younger.
- Novice: All rowers in the boat must be new to competition within that same discipline (sweep or sculling) as of October of the previous year
- Open: Anyone may race in the open events.
- Mixed: A rowing crew with at least half of the rowers being female. Mixed dragon boats, canoes, outrigger and tribal canoes are not held to this formula.
EVENT LIST AND START TIMES
Racing starts at 7:30 a.m. Boats will start at approximately 15-second intervals.
Adaptive rowing: We love adaptive rowing. Adaptive crews race alongside everyone else. Please email the registrar to let us know you are coming.
We encourage entries in kayaks, outrigger canoes, tribal canoes, dragon boats and standup paddleboards. To enter these categories or to enter a rowing category you do not see listed, please contact the registrar.
ROW FOR THE CURE REGATTA SAFETY PLAN
Download this year's Safety Plan.